Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=jeffwpayne;4486735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Another noob that thinks he is going to dictate the economic climate the rest of us seem to be able to make a buck in. You go with the " I ain't dropping my gate for less than XXX". Only means your gear will have little wear when you put it on CL.

Haha noob, ok. Every one does it different chief. And that's my way. And 2,022 hours is very little hours on my mower?
15 accts and 2000 hrs? Either very used or very old when you bought them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
LP 85% of my customers are on contract so they pay year-round. It does not matter if there is a drought for a monsoon the property still gets maintained as needed which is typically every 5 to 10 days. In the wintertime I do not cut. I make an appearance once a month to check the property over for anything that seems out of place. I was not trying to disrespect anybody prices. Thank you landscape poet and patriot services for your well thought out answers. Diamond as well
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't take it as disrespectful...a lot of guys just don't get how Florida works...besides Texas, cal, and Arizona, we are the only state that cuts in the winter. But we don't have to worry bout droughts like Texas, the high heat of Arizona, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=jeffwpayne;4486735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Another noob that thinks he is going to dictate the economic climate the rest of us seem to be able to make a buck in. You go with the " I ain't dropping my gate for less than XXX". Only means your gear will have little wear when you put it on CL.

Haha noob, ok. Every one does it different chief. And that's my way. And 2,022 hours is very little hours on my mower?
Aint that the truth.. Most of us here do this for a profession whereas you do this extra cash.. btw.. can wen see your license and insurance.. 15 yards a week doesn't put a whole lotta cash in your pocket if you are doing this legit
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We're you trying to be an azz or did I just take it wrong. I admitted I don't know anything about Florida turf. I used to live there from birth until 12, so forgive my ignorance. I was just asking a question. And in all honesty, I want to learn how you make a living charging 60,80, or even 100/ month. If you can do that, and I can apply those principles to my business here, then I can become more profitable. Do can you give me a respectful answer
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe I jumped to the conclusion you were going to go the route of
"haha I charge more than you" as most do when they start out a post with the holy crap I charge X amount.. how do you survive.. if that's not the case, I apologize for my hasty accusations.. As most have said.. we work on smaller home lots.. some do atleast.. where quantity puts money in our pockets..most LCO's routes only take them 10 miles from the house. Mine don't but a lot of LCO's here in FL are that way. The cost of living is very different I am sure and there are just way too many factors that effect our pricing.. move down here and I will give you more info! haha
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not headed your way to live anytime soon. Not a huge fan of cuba or new york so I'll stay here in nc and keep the Hispanics company. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I'm not headed your way to live anytime soon. Not a huge fan of cuba or new york so I'll stay here in nc and keep the Hispanics company. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
You forgot the just plain ol' Assholes.. we got plenty of them.. they are even starting to rub off on my northern butt.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

12 month contracts are the way to go for any customer I you can sell it. We have mostly 12 month contracts but some customers won't do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
You forgot the just plain ol' Assholes.. we got plenty of them.. they are even starting to rub off on my northern butt.
I yeah and my southern hospitality has been tested by some this year
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm originally from Fl...call me a Cracker, born and raised there...had to move away from the northerners.

Funny thing is, I moved north to get away from them!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=mjlcare2;4486758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwpayne View Post

Aint that the truth.. Most of us here do this for a profession whereas you do this extra cash.. btw.. can wen see your license and insurance.. 15 yards a week doesn't put a whole lotta cash in your pocket if you are doing this legit
Actually I do mow to help pay bills, I got licensed and insured before I started as I was suppose to get a total 60 accounts from another lco as he had too many. He was offered a good chunk of mula so he took it. Which is fine. I'd like to go full time again but can't afford to give up my other job right now to do so. I'm slowly building my customers and only taking the ones that care about how things look. The reason of this post was for me to vent cause most people here can relate.
Posted via Mobile Device