Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In comparison to some of you guys, I think I got off kinda easy. Only real injury I've dealt with in the past year was when I sawed off the tip of my left thumb on a table saw one week before Christmas. Took over a month for it to heal up. During that time, I had to do virtually everything with just my right hand and left forearm.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-04-2012, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hurt all over and it seem's like most of us do. And I thought this job was going to be easy.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsslawncare View Post
I hurt all over and it seem's like most of us do. And I thought this job was going to be easy.
Yup, its not like your sitting on a mower all day. Most new people think this also. I am starting to see mowing set ups for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I started out in this business I was walking all lawns with mowers I could afford. Now I ride most lawns. I walk too much my left leg and foot go dead.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

full rotator cuff repair and bicep tendon re-attatchment last year, was 7 months before i could do any real work.. its been 11 months, and it still hurts like hell.. hoping the pain eases up in a few more months, they say it takes a little over a year to really see a difference.. but i think its a failed surgery. good thing i stack heavy boxes in a warehouse all night long, and then the part time lawn care gig... not helping. lol.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This seasons been rough lets see my left knee had an issue. I saw 2 bites or thorn punctures under it one day and then could hardly put weight on it for the entire month of April. Not sure what was going on there but I could walk up stairs but not back down did a lot of hopping. Then came the Sciatic nerve I pulled or ripped a muscle in my back stretching for the foot pedal on my mower. Now that was pain sitting and laying down ok standing and walking near impossible. Besides the throbbing pain down my rear and right leg the foot went numb to the ankle. A few weeks at the chiropractor seems to have done the trick. So then 2 weeks ago while trimming 4 feet off a 12 foot hedge i start to come down a ladder that's not on flat ground and is covered in clippings. The ladder pulls back and I get to land on my back on a picket fence needless to say that was the end of work that day.

Last year I broke my left hand and bone still sticks out but I have full function of the hand. That cost me nearly 15 mins before I felt good enough to get back to work and haven't thought much on it sense.