Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I had a cheap customer whose sidewalk looked like it had been edged. I didn't edge it - the drought caused the gap along the walkway.
thats what i told her and i took lots of video and pictures to prove it in case she tries to come after me to pay for it. she said she waters 4 days a week. I walked through yard and found several places with huge cracks in the ground it was so dry.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh yea forgot about the 3rd lady. she called wanting me to replace her dead tree. We planted the EXACT same tree on the EXACT street one and 3 houses down and they are alive and well. she said she's going to file a complaint and take me to court. i also have more than enough pictures to prove otherwise as well. SMH
Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!! Like some sai boweekly are always cheap. Dont care about the yard, etc. I only have 2 bi weeklies and I don't like them compare to my weeklies. That why I'm trying to accept weekly accounts only.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Actually there are 30-31 days a month and 4 weeks is only 28 days so there is always 2-3 days of the week that comes up 5 times per month. Last month the extras all hit on non cutting days but this month is sweet 5 Wednesday 5 Thursdays and 5 Fridays. Since those are are cutting days there is a complete 5 week cutting month and I am looking forward to that extra 5k. And like you it will generate a few of those confused calls that can not understand how they got 5 cuts or in bi weekly's 3 cuts.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Actually there are 30-31 days a month and 4 weeks is only 28 days so there is always 2-3 days of the week that comes up 5 times per month. Last month the extras all hit on non cutting days but this month is sweet 5 Wednesday 5 Thursdays and 5 Fridays. Since those are are cutting days there is a complete 5 week cutting month and I am looking forward to that extra 5k. And like you it will generate a few of those confused calls that can not understand how they got 5 cuts or in bi weekly's 3 cuts.

Dang man u can make an extra 5k just in an extra week lol I can't/won't make 5k in a season lol Ive got some growing to do lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Five-week months ... whew! I got a call from a long-time customer, at least 10 years. Her mowing has always been on Monday, weekly visits. Her invoice in a recent month had five entries, so she asked that I move to EOW.

All these years, and she freely admitted that she never realized that some months had five weeks. Initially, she insisted that all months have four weeks, therefore there should not be a fifth visit. We had to do a calendar lesson on the phone, and she finally understood. We agreed that EOW was not a workable plan.

This lady is middle aged, 50ish, and a RN. I hope she is better at dispensing drugs than trying to understand the calendar. Makes one wonder, doesn't it?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Five-week months ... whew! I got a call from a long-time customer, at least 10 years. Her mowing has always been on Monday, weekly visits. Her invoice in a recent month had five entries, so she asked that I move to EOW.

All these years, and she freely admitted that she never realized that some months had five weeks. Initially, she insisted that all months have four weeks, therefore there should not be a fifth visit. We had to do a calendar lesson on the phone, and she finally understood. We agreed that EOW was not a workable plan.

This lady is middle aged, 50ish, and a RN. I hope she is better at dispensing drugs than trying to understand the calendar. Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

I don't think I would trust her with my meds...

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am starting to believe that all bi-weekly's are PITA. I had a lady call me very mad that we charged her full price. The reason, "well the grass really wasn't that bad, it was all the weeds. All you needed to do was to just trim them up"
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Look, anyone you don't want to deal with you just go in the Yellow Pages and find the very best Lawn Care company and give their phone number to your worst customers, you tell them that you are unable at present to deal with them but that you have the phone number to an excellent company that you know is much better in dealing with stressful situations that appear to be beyond your control as we have several spots open to accommodate your worst pita clients and we will take care of them in ways they have thus far only dreamed of, we will give them plush royal carpet treatment and have trucks with expert customer service representatives arriving at their door to take care of them for a cost that is far below their wildest expectations and a level of service they have yet to experience, you tell them that for me because we're out here starving and wondering how we're going to pay the next mortgage payment on the fortress, so please.

Last edited by herler; 08-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Look, anyone you don't want to deal with you just go in the Yellow Pages and find the very best Lawn Care company and give their phone number to your worst customers, you tell them that you are unable at present to deal with them but that you have the phone number to an excellent company that you know is much better in dealing with stressful situations that appear to be beyond your control as we have several spots open to accommodate your worst pita clients and we will take care of them in ways they have thus far only dreamed of, we will give them plush royal carpet treatment and have trucks with expert customer service representatives arriving at their door to take care of them for a cost that is far below their wildest expectations and a level of service they have yet to experience, you tell them that for me because we're out here starving and wondering how we're going to pay the next mortgage payment on the fortress, so please.
no joke. thank goodness i'm at a level where i could care less if she canceled service. I shrug the PITA's off but still shocks me at how assanine people can be