search sponsored by:
Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-10-2003, 10:18 AM
fredbear's Avatar
fredbear fredbear is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
Work on slopes / rock slides etc

If you have some work to do near a steep slope what do you use to stop material "rolling down the hill" ?

I'm thinking temporary wirmesh fencing or similar or is there something else.

Many thanks in advance for any tips / hints
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:56 AM
SWD SWD is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Texas - West of Austin in the Hill Country
Posts: 990
A type of material is known as silt fencing. It is a heavy, black in color, nylon webbing that has wooden posts stapled to every 3 to 5 feet or so. The webbing hangs below the posts because you have to trench it in so the webbing is below the ground surface. It doesn't take much to back fill and with the posts firmly driven in the ground plus the webbing buried, this material holds very well.
So other names for this are: erosion control fence, soil fence, debris fence - you get the idea.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.05962 seconds with 8 queries