Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have a BR600 and it has been a good blower for the last 3 years. I do have some issues with it.

1. The PLASTIC where the straps go through at the bottom broke on one side. That is a piss poor design
2. It is lacking power. I am sure it needs a valve adjustment which I will do just before the leaves start falling.
3. SMALL gas tank. Runs out of fuel very quickly.

Not sure I would buy another one to be honest.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
I have a BR600 and it has been a good blower for the last 3 years. I do have some issues with it.

1. The PLASTIC where the straps go through at the bottom broke on one side. That is a piss poor design
2. It is lacking power. I am sure it needs a valve adjustment which I will do just before the leaves start falling.
3. SMALL gas tank. Runs out of fuel very quickly.
Not sure I would buy another one to be honest.
That's interesting to read because I have a 600M, and a 570 BTS Husky (RM7500). The Stihl has a 47.3oz tank, and the Husky a 74.4 oz tank. I used nothing but my BP's last fall for all leaf clean-ups. I ran them side by side at WOT from full until they ran out and stopped. They went within a minute or so of each other for run time (well over an hour at WOT), yet the Stihl did it with approx 40% less fuel. I repeated the test several times over the course of the fall with the same results. My point is- any big BP in their class will run about the same amount of time, but the Stihl uses less fuel to do it, and isn't all that far behind in performance.

I prefer the 2 strokes with their simplicity, but for what the OP says he's trying to do (or needs to do I should say), the 600 is far and away the best of the ones listed in his first post IMO.