Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

i have a 3 year old km110 i use it for everything trimming bushes and edging runns like a champ
Old 08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is why all i run is 2 stroke husqvarna products.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
And yet your signature line begs to differ with you. It says you use Husqvarna and Stihl.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Sump lubrication vs. vapor lubrication.

Funny that many speak well of 2 cycles, and want to buy them, all with vapor lube. But, when vapor lube is used with a 4 cycle design, suddenly vapor is not right, but sump should be used. Sorry, this inconsistency does not make sense.
the problem I have with vapor lubrication is simple, it's inefficient in several ways that sump lubrication solves.

with vapor lubrication you burn oil, which takes much more to make the engine produce less pollutants and less smoke to equate a simple 4 stroke without catalyst, ect...

sump lubrication still can have splash and/or squirt lubrication, so there is no reason for a sump lubricated engine not to have proper lubrication, unless the manufacturer just doesn't do enough testing/use common sense to determine where the engine needs lubrication, so you can't argue that sump lubrication is any worse than vapor lubrication from that standpoint.

with sump lubrication, you aren't having to pour oil into your gas, the oil (2-2.5 oz, in my case) sits in the sump, and I can use the same synthetic 5w30, or 0w30 my car uses, and recycle it when it's used up, instead of putting it into the atmosphere.

2 stroke engines can also have a sump, the main reason small 2 strokes haven't typically used a sump is the restrictions put on operating angle by traditional sump designs. briggs and stratton, dolmar, honda, and cub cadet (seriously, many companies have figured this out, how can't you see it's possible to do this right), just from a quick search, have all figured out how to work around operating angle restrictions.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
I ran them they last same as stihl
the 4 mix I have 4th yr on 2 with no problems
Since 1985 trimmers I owned stihl and husq 2 stroke I was lucky get 3 years out them most time they are junk
Im happy with 4 mix
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've never used a 4 mix but was in a pinch and went to the dealer to pick up another fs-80r, but they were out of stock. Everything I had was stihl so I went with the 4 mix (fs-100??). My dealer went to get it tuned up and couldn't even get it cranked and running.

May have been a lemon on the shelf or could have been so new that the dealer was unfamiliar. HAd to get an echo which worked in a pinch but I didn't like very much.

I'm still actually using a fs-80 that must be at least 5 years old. Best running piece I have.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
I've never used a 4 mix but was in a pinch and went to the dealer to pick up another fs-80r, but they were out of stock. Everything I had was stihl so I went with the 4 mix (fs-100??). My dealer went to get it tuned up and couldn't even get it cranked and running.

May have been a lemon on the shelf or could have been so new that the dealer was unfamiliar. HAd to get an echo which worked in a pinch but I didn't like very much.

I'm still actually using a fs-80 that must be at least 5 years old. Best running piece I have.
That is not uncommon......these 4mix can flood and the little BS machine will almost not start until you pull the rope 30 times. Then it will go along for awhile and start just like a champ and run like a champ. Nobody in our crews want to use them when give a choice
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
That is not uncommon......these 4mix can flood and the little BS machine will almost not start until you pull the rope 30 times. Then it will go along for awhile and start just like a champ and run like a champ. Nobody in our crews want to use them when give a choice
I have no doubt to believe what you write is true. But, I'm always fascinated why some people have these problems, and most of us have never seen happen. This is true with other stories - some have trouble after trouble with something, and others have never witnessed the trouble.

I've had mine FX90 about six years, and it starts and runs better than any Stihl 2 stroker I have, or have had in the past. I can almost bet the mortgage it will start of first-pull every time. I've never had a flooding problem (perhaps because I never set the choke).
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&SFTW View Post
...., how can't you see it's possible to do this right), ....

Right? Please explain.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I have no doubt to believe what you write is true. But, I'm always fascinated why some people have these problems, and most of us have never seen happen. This is true with other stories - some have trouble after trouble with something, and others have never witnessed the trouble.

I've had mine FX90 about six years, and it starts and runs better than any Stihl 2 stroker I have, or have had in the past. I can almost bet the mortgage it will start of first-pull every time. I've never had a flooding problem (perhaps because I never set the choke).
Problems ppl have I have never seen it
Was in the dealer talking him ask him since 4 mix came out I ask if he seen alot problems He told come to back He said look what sitting there not even one 4 mix all 2 strokes He said not very often see one come in for motor problems
He said sometimes for rockers adjustment