Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
I'm already locating & flagging sprinkler heads before aerating in a retirement community of 35,000+ homes so it only makes sense to offer a system check. So besides checking coverage, leaks & setting the clock precisely what else should I include for $29. For those grown-over heads I figure $1/each to clean out. Your thoughts please since I wasn't successful with the search box.
Posted via Mobile Device
Considerd Franchising?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Sponsor

For a $1.50 per head I would use my product to trim all if the grass and debrie away from each head or sprinkler head first. Than run thru each zone adjusting the ark,flow and trajectory of each head. Once all of the heads/ VBC's have been exposed everything else is completed pretty fast. This service is offered once a month here in SW Florida due to our year round growing season. www.tastrimmer.com is the product if any one wants to work smarter instead of harder. BTW, the product will not damage the sprinkler heads
Only the operator has that ability or inability. All the best.
easy-lift guy
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

35,000 homes? It might be worth a shot at $29. I wouldnt touch a sprinkler for that, but would be an excellent opportunity to sell work if your not booked out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you are charging the $39.00 to flag and do a general check because you are there to aerate then that is fine.

Way too cheap to roll a truck and check.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
I'm already locating & flagging sprinkler heads before aerating in a retirement community of 35,000+ homes so it only makes sense to offer a system check. So besides checking coverage, leaks & setting the clock precisely what else should I include for $29. For those grown-over heads I figure $1/each to clean out. Your thoughts please since I wasn't successful with the search box.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just remember, they are going to expect a perfectly working system after your done. You might be buying 35,000 headaches.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

35,000+ homes @ $29.00 ea. + $1.00 ea. to clean around hundreds of thousands of sprinkler heads = my only client and I'm moving in.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a retirement community we work in right now with 800 plus homes.

The initial thought was that with them being retired they would be more relaxed and easy going. I can honestly say some have actually been the worst of the worst to a point where we turn them loose. Once we turn them away, they want to argue even more??

I had one resident call threatening to sue us if her or her husband tripped pulling a garden hose around the yard. This is a person that was not a even a client yet, and never became one either.

My advice, think twice and instead of being cheaper in this situation do the opposite.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrigation Contractor View Post
I have a retirement community we work in right now with 800 plus homes.

The initial thought was that with them being retired they would be more relaxed and easy going. I can honestly say some have actually been the worst of the worst to a point where we turn them loose. Once we turn them away, they want to argue even more??

I had one resident call threatening to sue us if her or her husband tripped pulling a garden hose around the yard. This is a person that was not a even a client yet, and never became one either.

My advice, think twice and instead of being cheaper in this situation do the opposite.
What he said; I never realized how many retired "irrigation pros" lived in those places.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

we got few takers over several years for our residential contract customers offering a $35 check--upping the rate and offering a 'system check' ,adjustments, programming timer for 100 bucks seems a better way to go --
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ever notice that people don't feel that a dollar day is too much to pay for even the simplest of services?

$30 is way too cheap to even drive to a customers house once but $365 may be sellable for marking heads and boxes, field inspection of the zones and periodic controller tuning throvghout the season.
Posted via Mobile Device