Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is no doubt that the generation that committed so much in WW 2 deserved so much of our gratitude. Most of them are however now dead.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually like working for retired folks. They can appreciate hard work. In fact several of my reitred clients have referred me to tens of thousands of dollars worth of work. And usually by the end of the project, they are clients for life. And you will never get a bounced check from them.

I think the $29 thing is worth a try. I am the estimator for my company, and sometimes i will do system checks for free. Last week i sold an $850 repair job, a $750 insurance claim job for a controller and a couple solenoids, a $300 controller, another $900 insurance job.

Once your on site, it gives you a leg up. If you are backed up 1 month... its probably not in your interest.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
I actually like working for retired folks. They can appreciate hard work. In fact several of my reitred clients have referred me to tens of thousands of dollars worth of work. And usually by the end of the project, they are clients for life. And you will never get a bounced check from them.

I think the $29 thing is worth a try. I am the estimator for my company, and sometimes i will do system checks for free. Last week i sold an $850 repair job, a $750 insurance claim job for a controller and a couple solenoids, a $300 controller, another $900 insurance job.

Once your on site, it gives you a leg up. If you are backed up 1 month... its probably not in your interest.
I understand that too. I stay backed up most of the spring and early summer. I could run a special in late summer and late winter.

Good point.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
There is no doubt that the generation that committed so much in WW 2 deserved so much of our gratitude. Most of them are however now dead.
Yea, Ive talked to many customers over the years about that war. Some break out crying. Our generation has never seen anything like it or the factories that helped win that war.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
Yea, Ive talked to many customers over the years about that war. Some break out crying. Our generation has never seen anything like it or the factories that helped win that war.
Those folks earned it. Again most are in their late 80's or more if not gone.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I like that lash-up. For years, I thought about adapting a small and large "cookie cutter" to a power head, looks like you've come up with something.
I can't remember on your video, does it have two sizes, for rotors and sprays?
Mike I have 10 different models on the market covering every known model of sprinkler head presently on the market. The TAS Trimmer fits on any straight shaft line trimmer on the market. It is classified as a brush cutter attachment.
The TT will not work with a bent shaft line trimmer, or an electric line trimmer. Most users will leave the TT on their back up line trimmer so at least if their mainstay line trimmer takes a powder the back up line trimmer can be converted usually in 30 seconds and your back to work. I believe I may have received a call from someone in your neck of the woods but no message was left? Call tomorrow and I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have. All the best
easy-lift guy
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would never have time to use that during spring start ups. Plus keep it and attachments on the truck.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Those folks earned it. Again most are in their late 80's or more if not gone.
my grandpa is one of the many of the last WW2 vets. barely but still kicking.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
I would never have time to use that during spring start ups. Plus keep it and attachments on the truck.
I understand. I at one time worked much harder as well, than I chose to work smarter. I have never looked back and continue to look forward.
I wish you the best.
easy-lift guy
Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
I understand. I at one time worked much harder as well, than I chose to work smarter. I have never looked back and continue to look forward.
I wish you the best.
easy-lift guy
I don't think it's that. You live in an area where you can service year-round even when you're slow. Come up with crap that might make you money.