Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

How Many Accounts Per Applicator?

Hey guys,

just wondering how many accounts each one of your applicators is responsible for. Currently I have about 215 accounts that one applicator takes care of. I am managing and doing sales and doing applications on Saturdays typically while my applicator does apps during the week. Just wondering what some of the larger companies are doing. Thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Loaded question, more important would be how much square footage can a applicator maintain. That will be determined by type of application equipment and tightness of route. 1 guy should easily be able to maintain 3.5 million square feet. Like I mentioned though application equipment and property type has influence on his production. Large commercial versus residential.

The Arena, the Field of Battle, the site where the fight actually takes place is our own heart and all of our Inner Man. The time of Battle is our whole life.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

as of now we are doing a little over 90 acres, mostly residential but quite a few condominium complexes and commercial buildings as well. We use a z-max to spray and fert.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

it also matters how close the properties are together, closer is WAY more productive
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I have heard good things on the z max, iam currently putting together my first spray rig, any suggestions. Iam new to chemicals and only do residential. Roughly 400,000 sqft once monthly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

About 460 customers, around 3.6 million sqft. Averaging about 60 miles driven per day.

With a hard-pushing company it could be closer to 600 customers per round, and 4.8 million sqft for one man. Working 55 hours per week.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One guy working 460 customers? Seems balls to walls.
I guess yes it is the sq ft that counts tho.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 08-03-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

On the z max always think of the smallest place you have take the machine. As far as amount of turf I take care of in excess of 200 acres. 136 acres of that is hoa homes/condos with most having 6k lawns. We need another applicator horribly but until the fall guess its 60+ hr weeks for me.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when working at TruBrown.. have had over 600 on a route.. not sure of an actual number, it was long ago. though, average lawn was around 5k sq. ft.. and super close together, on a good day i could go in a neighborhood and have 30 knocked out in 5 or 6 hours by myself.. doing everything i was supposed to do. i usually had very few callbacks, with low amount of service calls. i took over a rural route towards the end, huge lawns, avg lawn was usually atleast an acre or more, would be lucky if i got 5 of them in a day it was so spread out.. and of course... push spread all of them. no ride on. was a 2 hour ride from the shop to the farthest point of route . good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
One guy working 460 customers? Seems balls to walls.
I guess yes it is the sq ft that counts tho.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
when working at TruBrown.. have had over 600 on a route.. not sure of an actual number, it was long ago. though, average lawn was around 5k sq. ft.. and super close together, on a good day i could go in a neighborhood and have 30 knocked out in 5 or 6 hours by myself.. doing everything i was supposed to do. i usually had very few callbacks, with low amount of service calls. i took over a rural route towards the end, huge lawns, avg lawn was usually atleast an acre or more, would be lucky if i got 5 of them in a day it was so spread out.. and of course... push spread all of them. no ride on. was a 2 hour ride from the shop to the farthest point of route . good times.
I have 3 techs, they each do 4 million sq ft per round, 400-500 accounts each. All three have ride ons for granular apps. They work 40-50 hours a week.
Posted via Mobile Device