Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Mailing lists

Each year I send out post cards, like everyone else. I already have everything designed, but I get 5,000 post cards printed off of my marketing program and buy a mailing list. Mailing lists are expensive. Wondering if any of you know how to get free or discounted mailing lists if I select certain demographics, ex age, location, income ect? I can print the lists out and afix the address labels to the postcards and stamp them my self. Done it before, it is a pain, but it can be done.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Sponsor

Yes lists can be expensive at times and some companies charge so much for the entire service that it feels like it would be more cost effective to do the mailing portion yourself. I do feel overall we offer very competitive rates for the whole direct mail package, making it much easier to let us handle it for you instead of taking the load on your own. For example... For 5,000 full color 9x6 post cards printed both sides, including Stick-It, addressing, mailing list per your demographics listed above, up to 1 hour of free design in case you need it AND POSTAGE based on non-saturation rates... the total price would be $1,995 ($0.399 each). It's definitely important to send a larger post card to make sure you mailing stands out amounts the rest of the mail the consumer receives daily. I can also talk you through options for doing a mailing that is $1,485 ($0.297 ea / savings of $510.00) but still allows you to target specific carrier routes instead of full zip codes... I can provide maps etc to help you pick out neighborhoods etc that you think will be more effective for this.

Our Stick-It feature we offer is just one more way to set your mailing aside from the rest. It allows the consumer to Stick-It to the refrigerator or cabinet instead of placing it in the drawer with your competitors ads. This will allow you to stay top of mind when they decide to make that call.

Let me know if you want any more information or just want further conversation. You can request free samples on our website at www.AdeasPrinting.com/free-samples or if you want to watch a video and see our Band-It & Stick-It door hangers and other products in action go to www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers

Thanks!
Robin Christopherson
Adeas Printing
866-778-4254 ext 212
robin@adeasprinting.com
Old 03-03-2014, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

outdated

Its is important that everyone knows that price adeas has listed is inaccurate and should be updated.... I just went to the site and they have 5,000 post cards for 1,400 and change... It made my day, although we are only doing 1,000 mail spurts soon... at this rate though in 2 years when I do 5k splashes it should be cheaper... or they will have a frequent buyer disount.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'll pm you I am not gona post it here.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Sponsor

Hey there, its Robin with Adeas Printing. I noticed there was mention that our pricing above needs to be updated because its inaccurate. I had posted that back in the Summer of 2011 and the US Post Office has had I believe two postage increases since then which caused our pricing to increase due to postage increases $0.01 per piece. Our current price for 5,000 postcards - 8.75 x 5.75 - full color front with a black back, including a Free Custom Design Option, our Stick-It enhancement so it can be placed on the fridge and in view, addressing, an Occupant Mailing List and saturation postage is currently $1535 ($0.307 each). This mailing allows you to select specific routes from various zip codes. I can walk you through selecting routes that mail to homes only and still qualify for this rate. If you have a very specific demographic and want to supply a mailing list for us to mail to, this list would most likely qualify for non-saturated postage and would be $1950 ($0.39 each).

If you are interested in mailing to smaller quantities 1,000 would be $0.38 each + $85 mailing list if you do the route selection I was speaking of above.

If you have any questions, would like a zip code report or are in need of any other printed products for this upcoming season call or email Glenda or I. Glenda@adeasprinting.com ext 212 or robin@adeasprinting.com ext 204. You can request a free sample packet of our products www.adeasprinting.com/free-samples or check out our product page for post cards www.adeasprinting.com/post-cards Thank you!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Lol

That doesnt make any sense to me, the postage went up but the price itself is cheaper. I am very confused, maybe I misread something on the site, either way still cheaper then your post from years ago.

Make the price cheaper if you can
Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
I'll pm you I am not gona post it here.
I would love to know this as well if you could pm me too!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
Each year I send out post cards, like everyone else. I already have everything designed, but I get 5,000 post cards printed off of my marketing program and buy a mailing list. Mailing lists are expensive. Wondering if any of you know how to get free or discounted mailing lists if I select certain demographics, ex age, location, income ect? I can print the lists out and afix the address labels to the postcards and stamp them my self. Done it before, it is a pain, but it can be done.
Instead of direct mailing from a mailing list, have you considered EDDM? Its right through the post office, no individual labeling or stamping and im sure adeas has printed them before. The pieces are in multiple sizes and can be sent for much much cheaper than traditional direct mailing.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
Instead of direct mailing from a mailing list, have you considered EDDM? Its right through the post office, no individual labeling or stamping and im sure adeas has printed them before. The pieces are in multiple sizes and can be sent for much much cheaper than traditional direct mailing.
Good point! Do you guys (A'deas) handle that? Do you have an option to just print up the post cards with proper USPS requirement on them and bundled or whatever needs to be done?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
Good point! Do you guys (A'deas) handle that? Do you have an option to just print up the post cards with proper USPS requirement on them and bundled or whatever needs to be done?
Yes we can design & print for an EDDM mailing as well. With EDDM you handle all the leg work directly with the post office. You would need to go to the USPS website and obtain a Postal Permit, I am not 100% if there is a fee or not but I believe their is an annual $150 permit fee. Decide which routes you want to send to and review their size restrictions etc and then let me know the quantity, size etc and I can submit an estimate to you for printing & shipping them directly to you - you would then bundle them per USPS specifications & deliver to the post office. The cost you will pay for postage for EDDM will be .153, .164 or .198 depending on which post office location type you deliver it to.

Basically when you use EDDM you are getting a discount for doing a lot of the work yourself so it can be beneficial for you if you have the time and are doing this several times a year. If you have us, or another printer/mailing company handle the mail for you you pay us to process the mailing portion... we have a permit, we help you determine your routes to mail to, we would print, address, bundle and deliver it directly to the post office for you.

I hope this helped answer some of your questions - let me know if you need anything else!

Glenda Smith - Adeas Printing - 866-778-4254 - glenda@adeasprinting.com