Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I made the point the echo owns Shindaiwa I didn't say that because of that I expect their quality to go down hill now. So please do not make that connection. The truth is their quality went to hell about 7 years ago when they introduced the 4mixs and I am done with the brand. Now I am sure some of you have more or believe you have more experience with the brand then I do. But you might be surprised how many of their units iv owned or used.

Ones iv owned

2 t231s I liked these back in the day
1 LE 260 edger total junk
3 t2510s 4 mix over priced junk 400 a pop none lasted a season
8 t261s nice power at first but that doesn't last long
6 t282s better then the 261s but the stihl 100rx kicks its ass and they constantly go out of tune if they do not get constant use.
2 of there sprayers they have the distinction of the worse ones we have ever owned.

Ones iv use

10 t231s
1 t27

So 30 something units and I will not buy another.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
I made the point the echo owns Shindaiwa I didn't say that because of that I expect their quality to go down hill now. So please do not make that connection. The truth is their quality went to hell about 7 years ago when they introduced the 4mixs and I am done with the brand. Now I am sure some of you have more or believe you have more experience with the brand then I do. But you might be surprised how many of their units iv owned or used.

Ones iv owned

2 t231s I liked these back in the day
1 LE 260 edger total junk
8 t261s nice power at first but that doesn't last long
6 t282s better then the 261s but the stihl 100rx kicks its ass and they constantly go out of tune if they do not get constant use.
2 of there sprayers they have the distinction of the worse ones we have ever owned.

Ones iv use

10 t231s
1 t27

So 30 something units and I will not buy another.
You make excellent points. You have actual experience with them. Some people just say they like them and never used the damn thing.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Currently own and use.

T260 -2 pulls cold, 1 pull hot (every time)
T270
PB270
T27 pre EPA
C27
EB630 (bullet proof)
EB8510 (better on fuel)
Also T230B
LE261
Plenty of used Shindaiwa parts that I've collected and bought.

These units get maintained and never see any Ethanol.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

the c4,s i had were dissapointing. every other shin i have has been outstanding
Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

What problem did you have with the 2510?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
I've had way better luck with Echo than Stihl. Just my view.
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here, haven't owned stihl (except 1 farmboss) for the last 3 years and my life has been better. But I know that can change any day. (gas caps)
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
What problem did you have with the 2510?
They had carp issues that never ended we had them going back to the dealership every few weeks. By about month 4 or 5 we just gave up on them and gave them to and employee who was dump enough to take em. One of them snapped something in the motor and seized. Our dealer took it to try to get it covered under warranty but they never stepped up for the 3 month old trimmer I think it may still be on his wall. If I had to make a guess the ethanol in gas is the major issue but for some reason this brand has been unable to over come the problem the way other brands have. At this point in the game I don't want to hear them tell me its ethanol. Your a manufacture of lawn equipment solve the problem or get out of the industry but crying about the cause of the issues years after this has become the norm no longer carries weight. So I went back to 2 cycle equipment but 1-2 years per unit is still not much to brag about.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They had carp issues that never ended we had them going back to the dealership every few weeks. By about month 4 or 5 we just gave up on them and gave them to and employee who was dump enough to take em. One of them snapped something in the motor and seized. Our dealer took it to try to get it covered under warranty but they never stepped up for the 3 month old trimmer I think it may still be on his wall. If I had to make a guess the ethanol in gas is the major issue but for some reason this brand has been unable to over come the problem the way other brands have. At this point in the game I don't want to hear them tell me its ethanol. Your a manufacture of lawn equipment solve the problem or get out of the industry but crying about the cause of the issues years after this has become the norm no longer carries weight. So I went back to 2 cycle equipment but 1-2 years per unit is still not much to brag about.
We bought 3 of them three years ago to get familiar with them. So far he engine is solid. I mastered the carb adjustment that is unusual but once you get it tuned in they are okay. I use cheap gas and echo oil. The only problem is the 4mix doesn't do well running at low rpm which is needed to edge sometime. So it has a flat spot. As my echo units wear out I am taking the high torge gearheads and putting them on these unit. I won't buy anymore 4 mix unless I have to. I guess I got lucky with these.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my 9th year, I've owned most brands and by far Echo is the worst!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatewayuser View Post
This is my 9th year, I've owned most brands and by far Echo is the worst!
You haven't got any 265T echos?