Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I need to buy another truck yippi!!

Well the biz is getting bigger now and I need to run two trucks for the winter months and could use a back up in the summer time. I am not rich by any means so this is the "skinny".

1. I am looking 3 super duty's 1999-2000 with 200,000 miles on the trucks at a auction all were fleet trucks maintained by excel energy so the trucks were kept up. These are 250 xl models and have the 5.4 in them. figure if I can get them around 1500-2000 I would be ahead if the motor goes there are plenty of motor's out there for these trucks and 8 hours and a case of beer to swap one out. What would you guys bid on it?

2. a friend of a friend is selling on a 1999 chev with 2500 with 150,000 miles on it but the down fall it has 454 in it. What are these trucks like on gas? This won't be a daily driver just a work truck. What would you pay for this rig?

I wont be pulling a bob cat around or HUGE equipment just a lawn trailer and a plow rig. Figure if I need that kind of equipment I will hit the bank and finance one but I like not having a truck payment HAHA thanks again for your thoughts