Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My new toy ordered

I just ordered a Z-plugger loaded, will be here mid Sept.

I used to be able to bang out 4-5 big lawns with my tow behind and overseeding. I hope I can double that.

I know what I can get on for hills with the z-spray intermediate, how should I do with the z- plugger?

If anyone is int in a used Ryan electric lift tow behind or 48" tow behind bluebird I just posted in used equip. Pictures to follow.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So are you getting the slit seeder attachment too? It seems to be a VERY versatile machine, especially if you could fert/spray with it too. Congratulations, I hope you love it. Give us some pics and reviews.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

welcome to the club
Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The trick with the plugger is to go up and down the hills. I've climbed some really steep places with it. You'll love it, did you get the hopper. I have the spray system and it does well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I will be interested in some updates from users. I have the lawn solutions ride on. It is a great product, but since they sold to exmark/toro I'm not sure about service or parts. I'm also tentative in running it hard because of the chain system. Repair of chains could be tough in the field.

I love the fact that the LT Rich tines are independent. So in theory you could run it very hard and the worse that could happen would be break a tine. Which is pretty easy to fix. I worry about the down pressure on compacted soil. Will it pull deep plugs?

I have a LT rich sprayer and might consider selling my LS ride on and getting a LT plugger....wish I had done it at the very begginning. LT rich service is awesome.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been seriously thinking about going this route. I'll be anxious to hear your reviews, thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

So I have about 10 hours on this, it is long and heavy doesnt turn like my z-spray, tore up some lawns. Def has a learning curve. Once you get the edges done you fly. A couple of things, and I hope Ray, or Andy at LT Rich read these threads. There is a hyd up down valve that is mounted on my left, the problem is that on my z spray and z plug I steer w. my left hand and pull hopper on off with my right, I have to reach across to raise head and use forearm to stop seed flow. It would have been nice if I could have had it mounted to the right side. The other thing is if you could mount some sort of guage with an arrow next to the piston so that when you go down and find that sweet spot for depth where you plug instead of rip and tear you would know what it is. Other than that great machine.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would u spray with it as well. Been looking at all the ride ons for next season and if i could spray comfortable with it i could sell two of the thee walk behinds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
So I have about 10 hours on this, it is long and heavy doesnt turn like my z-spray, tore up some lawns. Def has a learning curve. Once you get the edges done you fly. A couple of things, and I hope Ray, or Andy at LT Rich read these threads. There is a hyd up down valve that is mounted on my left, the problem is that on my z spray and z plug I steer w. my left hand and pull hopper on off with my right, I have to reach across to raise head and use forearm to stop seed flow. It would have been nice if I could have had it mounted to the right side. The other thing is if you could mount some sort of guage with an arrow next to the piston so that when you go down and find that sweet spot for depth where you plug instead of rip and tear you would know what it is. Other than that great machine.
Andy told me hes trying to locate the lever on the right as it does make sense. I would agree with the other comments too.

Would not want to spray with this after using just a zspray honestly. The hopper is great for overseeding but our zplug doesnt even have an adjustable spinner as the zsprays do. (something I was disapointed in)
Old 09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Andy told me hes trying to locate the lever on the right as it does make sense. I would agree with the other comments too.

Would not want to spray with this after using just a zspray honestly. The hopper is great for overseeding but our zplug doesnt even have an adjustable spinner as the zsprays do. (something I was disapointed in)
The lift valve is able to be mounted on the right side if the user so chooses.

The holes are laser cut, so it is a pretty easy swap.

Efficiency, I am unsure what you mean about an adjustable spinner. The Zplugs with the 120 lb hopper attachment have the same components as our sprayers. The granular spread width can be adjusted from 4 to 25'.