Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
ron mexico75's Avatar
ron mexico75 ron mexico75 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,420
Q4 with a spreader/sticker?

The label does not say to use one. I called PBI Gordon and inquired and the man said you don't "need" to.

However, I'm pretty sure I have read on here that some guys say its not worth a damn if you don't use a sticker.

Im one who believes in following labels. However, sometimes real life usage can trump the advice on a label. Thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
charmill26's Avatar
charmill26 charmill26 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 369
I use it with a sticker and have good results. Seems like overall typically whatever you're using a sticker provides better results. If the label doesn't say to not use a sticker then I'd say you're still following the label. If I remember correctly the label doesn't mention a sticker at all does it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 PM
ron mexico75's Avatar
ron mexico75 ron mexico75 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,420
Well I already sprayed it and I not use a sticker so I guess I'll see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
charmill26's Avatar
charmill26 charmill26 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 369
let us know the results! how many oz per 1000 did you go with
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
lawns Etc's Avatar
lawns Etc lawns Etc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Elmer NJ
Posts: 2,271
Ive used Q4 and Q4 plus and the old pre plus you did need a little help from a sticker but the plus has higher rate of Q and you make out better than you did on the old on crabgrass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Think Green's Avatar
Think Green Think Green is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas--Mississippi flood plains
Posts: 2,704
Ron,
I feel that, since Quinclorac is a Auxin( Plant Growth hormone regulating) receptor targeting herbicide, the use of a surfactant will help grabbing on to crabgrass stalks, leaves, and stems surfaces better. The mode of action results is mostly the same either way...........a week or more.
I am with you on following the label as well as reducing my output costs to the customer but sometimes you have to try a couple of areas and do test runs. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck man!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
ron mexico75's Avatar
ron mexico75 ron mexico75 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmill26 View Post
let us know the results! how many oz per 1000 did you go with
I used 3oz/gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
Ive used Q4 and Q4 plus and the old pre plus you did need a little help from a sticker but the plus has higher rate of Q and you make out better than you did on the old on crabgrass.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's right, I should have said Q4 plus which is what I used. I forgot there was the older Q4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Ron,
I feel that, since Quinclorac is a Auxin( Plant Growth hormone regulating) receptor targeting herbicide, the use of a surfactant will help grabbing on to crabgrass stalks, leaves, and stems surfaces better. The mode of action results is mostly the same either way...........a week or more.
I am with you on following the label as well as reducing my output costs to the customer but sometimes you have to try a couple of areas and do test runs. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck man!!
Thanks ThinkGreen. Makes sense what you said. I took a bunch of pics of the property right after I sprayed. Im getting ready to post them here in a few. Will get to see results of Q4 Plus without sticker. I feel since the label doesn't say to add and the guy I poke to at PBI Gordon said no sticker I SHOULD be ok.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Scottypoo Scottypoo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 39
Do you do a blanket coat or spot spray when using Q4? I have some crab grass issues that need therapy through out my yard. Just wondering, spot spraying can seem tedious.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,224
Quincept is also another option. It is the same as q4 but no nutgrass control
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
ron mexico75's Avatar
ron mexico75 ron mexico75 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottypoo View Post
Do you do a blanket coat or spot spray when using Q4? I have some crab grass issues that need therapy through out my yard. Just wondering, spot spraying can seem tedious.
Posted via Mobile Device
I usually spot spray but the yard was so terribly bad I had to blanket spray. This also happens to be a yard I gave an estimate to to take care of for the full season. They declined and decided to take care of it themselves. Once they saw a neighbors yard down the street that I do take care of they changed their mind and had me back to get them out of this weed infested predicament they put themselves in
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.08211 seconds with 7 queries