Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Q4 with a spreader/sticker?

The label does not say to use one. I called PBI Gordon and inquired and the man said you don't "need" to.

However, I'm pretty sure I have read on here that some guys say its not worth a damn if you don't use a sticker.

Im one who believes in following labels. However, sometimes real life usage can trump the advice on a label. Thoughts on this?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use it with a sticker and have good results. Seems like overall typically whatever you're using a sticker provides better results. If the label doesn't say to not use a sticker then I'd say you're still following the label. If I remember correctly the label doesn't mention a sticker at all does it?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I already sprayed it and I not use a sticker so I guess I'll see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

let us know the results! how many oz per 1000 did you go with
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ive used Q4 and Q4 plus and the old pre plus you did need a little help from a sticker but the plus has higher rate of Q and you make out better than you did on the old on crabgrass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ron,
I feel that, since Quinclorac is a Auxin( Plant Growth hormone regulating) receptor targeting herbicide, the use of a surfactant will help grabbing on to crabgrass stalks, leaves, and stems surfaces better. The mode of action results is mostly the same either way...........a week or more.
I am with you on following the label as well as reducing my output costs to the customer but sometimes you have to try a couple of areas and do test runs. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck man!!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmill26 View Post
let us know the results! how many oz per 1000 did you go with
I used 3oz/gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
Ive used Q4 and Q4 plus and the old pre plus you did need a little help from a sticker but the plus has higher rate of Q and you make out better than you did on the old on crabgrass.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's right, I should have said Q4 plus which is what I used. I forgot there was the older Q4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Ron,
I feel that, since Quinclorac is a Auxin( Plant Growth hormone regulating) receptor targeting herbicide, the use of a surfactant will help grabbing on to crabgrass stalks, leaves, and stems surfaces better. The mode of action results is mostly the same either way...........a week or more.
I am with you on following the label as well as reducing my output costs to the customer but sometimes you have to try a couple of areas and do test runs. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck man!!
Thanks ThinkGreen. Makes sense what you said. I took a bunch of pics of the property right after I sprayed. Im getting ready to post them here in a few. Will get to see results of Q4 Plus without sticker. I feel since the label doesn't say to add and the guy I poke to at PBI Gordon said no sticker I SHOULD be ok.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you do a blanket coat or spot spray when using Q4? I have some crab grass issues that need therapy through out my yard. Just wondering, spot spraying can seem tedious.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quincept is also another option. It is the same as q4 but no nutgrass control
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottypoo View Post
Do you do a blanket coat or spot spray when using Q4? I have some crab grass issues that need therapy through out my yard. Just wondering, spot spraying can seem tedious.
Posted via Mobile Device
I usually spot spray but the yard was so terribly bad I had to blanket spray. This also happens to be a yard I gave an estimate to to take care of for the full season. They declined and decided to take care of it themselves. Once they saw a neighbors yard down the street that I do take care of they changed their mind and had me back to get them out of this weed infested predicament they put themselves in
Posted via Mobile Device