Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First time cuts and over grown cuts.

How do yall handle first time cuts and over grown cuts?? I do not do contracts so do you get paid up front, when completed, or monthly? First time cuts I usually get paid when completed not a problem. Over grown stuff I would rather get paid up front just because these people are usually lazy or no money or both. The reason I'm asking is that I had a guy that wanted me to do three yards for him that were over grown. One was in my route that day so I called him and gave him a price for that one and he said ok. So before I even meet him I went ahead and mowed it because I wouldn't be back in that area for a week. I didn't like doing it like that but didn't want to drive 45 miles round trip for 75 dollars. Now today I have to give him a price for the other two and hopefully get paid for the first one and maybe up front for the other two. Sorry for the long thread what do yall think? PS I won't be doing contracts except commercial.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds Good, Most times I require payment at time of service for new clients. I also charge extra for over grown properties.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to build a little trust before I go monthly. One time deals are always on completion unless there are alot of materials to buy then that will be up front.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One time mows are paid upfront when I drop the gate every time. And over grown stuff its typically double price the first cut if its real bad requires payment upon completion.