Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Thats pretty good for how tall that stuff was Do you mow for a management company ? (guessing by the height of the grass and pics).

Im looking at picking up a cheap diesel rider to maybe fill my schedule if needed with foreclosed stuff. The GH certainly handled that lawn fine.
About 1/2 of my work is private accounts and the balance for realtors and banks. My advise is stay away from National companies such as Safeguard, Corelogic and their regionals. Go to local real estate professionals and sell your services with a net 45 day payment schedule as that is what it takes them to get reimbursed from the banks. 45 days is a bit of time to wait but it will get you the work and the pay is decent.....
2009 Encore FZ48 Front Mount Side Discharge & bagger.
3 Ariens LM21 Commercial walk behinds.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
About 1/2 of my work is private accounts and the balance for realtors and banks. My advise is stay away from National companies such as Safeguard, Corelogic and their regionals. Go to local real estate professionals and sell your services with a net 45 day payment schedule as that is what it takes them to get reimbursed from the banks. 45 days is a bit of time to wait but it will get you the work and the pay is decent.....

Yeah a MH landscaping calls me once a month and aside from their pay and taking all the pics they require I dont know how anyone could turn a profit after making 20 bucks on the cut and walking around taking pictures. I suppose if the route was super dense maybe. Have you done work for a national company before ?

There is a company who cut the house next door and they have 3 ppl two riders and are there for about a hour each time and are really inefficient. I think I could do what they do solo in the same time. I'm going to try and catch em next time they mow and see who they work for cause if they can make some money then I certainly can (can hope maybe).
Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Yeah a MH landscaping calls me once a month and aside from their pay and taking all the pics they require I dont know how anyone could turn a profit after making 20 bucks on the cut and walking around taking pictures. I suppose if the route was super dense maybe. Have you done work for a national company before ?

There is a company who cut the house next door and they have 3 ppl two riders and are there for about a hour each time and are really inefficient. I think I could do what they do solo in the same time. I'm going to try and catch em next time they mow and see who they work for cause if they can make some money then I certainly can (can hope maybe).
That same $20 cut from MH pays $80 direct from HUD. MH are thieves. Most bank owned properties have signs posted at the properties. Just look in the windows and you'll likely find the contact info.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what my gut was telling me was going on..lol I hit up a friend of the family who has his own real estate office maybe I can make some headway there.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Hillsides. Can your midmount do this?
Really?? That isn't even close to being steep. I would think any commercial mid mount ZTR would do that no problem. My cheetah and vride wouldn't even began so slide on that.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Really?? That isn't even close to being steep. I would think any commercial mid mount ZTR would do that no problem. My cheetah and vride wouldn't even began so slide on that.

Really? A guy who had a Walker gave it up to a guy that had a Bad Boy because he couldn't climb it. The guy with the Bad Boy cut it once and called me. I have been cutting it all summer.......
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I guess I'm wrong about what I thought most ZTR could do. If I couldn't hold that hill with my mowers I would have to drop 1/3 or more of my yards. One of the few yards I'll let my wife mow is a 5 acre with about 4 acres like that in the pic or steeper and she has maybe 15 hours under her belt on a mower period. She will slide alittle because the grass is very thin to no grass at all but she doesn't go slow either. I dont know anything about walkers but there are bad boys around here and most are not commerial mower not saying the one wasn't I have no idea what it was. Might be why I've never even seen a walker around here.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

According to my slope app on my phone that hill is right around a 40% slope. I can see a mid mount going up and down it although you might need wheelie bars going up. Traversing it on the other hand would make me VERY edgy....
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures are misleading but I didn't think that looked 40 degrees. Maybe 20 to 25. I don't think you are going to mow anything 40 degrees with a ZTR safely. Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

40% does not = 40 degree slope!