Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2000, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see.....They are all the same blades. It is a floating deck so the whole deck goes up and down. The bades are not bent, they all match up perfectly. ( I also put a brand new set on) I don't know what else to say, it jsut cuts low on one side!!! Time to trade her in!!
Old 08-20-2000, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Put a Toro sticker over the Exmark name and sell it to Stone.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 08-20-2000, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

cutter--this is a drastic measure (oops!--read on) you should take the mower to a perfectly flat location. then measure all of the distances from the floor to the machine.

ie: both sides of deck, all three blades from front of the deck to the floor and from the back of the deck to the floor. you get the idea. this should give you all the critical measurements and the problem should be revealed.

another option and probably the best one is to take the mower to an auto frame alignment shop. explain the problem and they'll find the reason for the low cut. it wont be hard for them because the frame machine is perfect in alignment. (or it should be).

good luck.

GEO
Old 08-20-2000, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

why does every one on here insist on fixing things themself! Put a side the eego and take it to your dealer.. especially if its stil under warranty!
Old 08-21-2000, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Evan....I never fix things myself unless its something small. I don't have time to do that. Know all the facts first slick. Its been in the shop four times for this, but yet they still do not know whats wrong with it. I have put it on a flat surface, it is just lower on the one side. Maybe the frame is bent, oh well, it still cuts. The warranty is up!!
Old 08-21-2000, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

It sounds like you sprung your deck to me. You didn't run your deck into anything solid or lift it with a large amount of wait on one end??? After all the comments that everyone else has made and all the checking you did...this is the only thing that I can think of. If the spindles are straight, the tire pressure is equal(tire size is equal too), and the frame of the mower has not been altered in anyway then you know it has something to to with the deck itself. Put a level on that thing and see if the deck itself is buckled(sprung) after making sure that it is lifted the equal amount of height all around the deck.

That's the only thing I can think of. If not, trade it and say that it has a grass "unleveling feature" that straightens out any minor bumps on a lawn by shaving it off on one side!
Old 08-22-2000, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats sounds logical. I'll have to check that out. I have beat the you know what out of this thing, I could have run into something and not even thought about it.