Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Got the rest of our lawns done today with no further problems. I didn't hear back from the owner yesterday because there was an accident in the shop and somebody had to get stitches....

I emailed the owner last night and told him how disappointed I was about his counter guy telling me that metal shavings is normal wear and there is nothing wrong with my machine. The counter guy also told me if I feel there is something wrong with it just keep running it till it breaks then they will know what to replace.

I got this response from the owner:

I absolutely understand where you are coming from.

I talked to *****, we are now on the same page with regards to what is acceptable in a hydro reservoir...Clean Hydro Fluid!

I would like the opportunity to make this up to you."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 PM
ztman ztman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mountain pa
Posts: 812
reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Got the rest of our lawns done today with no further problems. I didn't hear back from the owner yesterday because there was an accident in the shop and somebody had to get stitches....

I emailed the owner last night and told him how disappointed I was about his counter guy telling me that metal shavings is normal wear and there is nothing wrong with my machine. The counter guy also told me if I feel there is something wrong with it just keep running it till it breaks then they will know what to replace.

I got this response from the owner:

I absolutely understand where you are coming from.

I talked to *****, we are now on the same page with regards to what is acceptable in a hydro reservoir...Clean Hydro Fluid!

I would like the opportunity to make this up to you."
Sounds like the owner wants to do the right thing, not much more you can ask for, everyone makes mistakes:
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztman View Post
Sounds like the owner wants to do the right thing, not much more you can ask for, everyone makes mistakes:
I agree everyone makes mistakes. The owners are and most of their employees are great.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 PM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,045
Did he send over 3 Hooters girls and a few buckets of wings ???
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Did he send over 3 Hooters girls and a few buckets of wings ???
Posted via Mobile Device
I wish.

I hadn't heard anything earlier this morning so I called their other location. Asked about shavings in hydro reservoir. He said not normal and address it asap. Then went on to explain about the pump, bearings etc etc, I almost thought I was talking to Piston....
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I wish.

I hadn't heard anything earlier this morning so I called their other location. Asked about shavings in hydro reservoir. He said not normal and address it asap. Then went on to explain about the pump, bearings etc etc, I almost thought I was talking to Piston....
Hmmm...well...I was the head mechanic for the largest Exmark dealer in central Fla for about 3 years....a little over 10 years ago....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Getting ready to change out the bad pump and flush the wheel motor. I know I need to clean out the lines and flush the wheel motor. I also need to clean out the reservoir. Obviously will be replacing fluid and filter. I am a little unsure of the proper order on how to do things? Any direction would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,045
Remove the hydro filter..drain and remove the hydro tank..
Remove the pump....flush the wheel motor..clean the tank and hoses.
Install the pump ..tank..hoses..and filter...
Remember to prefill the new filter...
Bleed off the air iin the system...get to work...

I'm workin hard on a few slabs of ribs today...it takes a lot of beer to bbq...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Remove the hydro filter..drain and remove the hydro tank..
Remove the pump....flush the wheel motor..clean the tank and hoses.
Install the pump ..tank..hoses..and filter...
Remember to prefill the new filter...
Bleed off the air iin the system...get to work...

I'm workin hard on a few slabs of ribs today...it takes a lot of beer to bbq...
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you sir... MMMMM RIBS....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Got it done. Only problem was a really brittle high pressure hose started leaking. Took one off my Turf Tracer to get by for a couple of days.

I was surprised how clean the fluid coming out of the wheel motor was during the flush.

Thanks again Piston you've been a huge help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.07244 seconds with 8 queries