Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
What a dummy. You could go to Ashville to demo as a business expense.
Where in the heck is Ashville?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Slap-on Poster

Here is a poster that I recently completed.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Slap-on Poster.pdf (950.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am slightly intrigued by the use of the word creator in third party on your website.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

--25 years ago, we had a device that was much like a plastic trash can with the bottom cut out and sliced along the side so it could expand--we placed it in a large bag and it held the trash can open while we piled in the leaves-

over the years we found that stuffing the leaves into a trash can and putting a bag over the top and dumping the leaves into a large bag to be the easiest-
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Here are some close up pictures of the Slap-on attachment in use.

First picture shows the Slap-on attachment attached to the side of the receptacle.

Second picture shows receptacle laid on its side with the Slap-on attached. Notice the air pockets that exist between the bag and the inner receptacle wall. That air has to have a way to escape when debris is being forced into the opening. The attachment secures the bag to the top of the receptacle while keeping the bag loosely held around the lip of the receptacle's opening so that the air can escape. Otherwise, if you tried to tighten the can liner around the lip of the receptacle, you would create a ballooning effect, cutting off your opening to rake debris in.

The third picture shows leaves raked into the 23" square opening of the receptacle. Notice that the bag stays in place and the air has released, causing the liner to be flush around the complete inner wall of the receptacle.
Visualize the ease of being able to rake leave into a receptacle without any can liner involved. Using the Slap-on attachment gives the same effect. The bag doesn't move.

The fourth picture shows the receptacle in an upright position. Generally, what you would do is forcibly plow or rake leaves into the receptacle so that it is nearly full. You would then take your rake or other tool that you are using and scoop up a bunch more leaves toward the opening of the receptacle. You then use the rake as a lid of sorts as you tilt the receptacle upright, preventing any leaves from falling out. You now have a bunch more leaves that currently extend beyond the capacity of the receptacle. You then take one hand and place it over the can liner on the opposite side from where it is secured by the Slap-on attachment and use your free hand to push the excess leaves into the bag. All of this can be done in about 20 seconds. It takes about 3 or 4 swoops of the rake to fill the 55+ gallon can liner.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing your token ring problem went away?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

For those that bag leaves this is an excellent tool. Unfortunately, I don't even own a leaf rake, and have zero desire to have one. My former partner and I (19 years ago) did 2 leaf cleanup jobs with rakes and bags. I haven't touched a leaf rake or leaf bag since.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I'm guessing your token ring problem went away?
No, I just used a different computer.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
For those that bag leaves this is an excellent tool. Unfortunately, I don't even own a leaf rake, and have zero desire to have one. My former partner and I (19 years ago) did 2 leaf cleanup jobs with rakes and bags. I haven't touched a leaf rake or leaf bag since.
Yeah, it becomes more difficult with each year that we age. That is for sure.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
First picture shows the Slap-on attachment attached to the side of the receptacle.

Second picture shows receptacle laid on its side with the Slap-on attached. Notice the air pockets that exist between the bag and the inner receptacle wall. That air has to have a way to escape when debris is being forced into the opening. The attachment secures the bag to the top of the receptacle while keeping the bag loosely held around the lip of the receptacle's opening so that the air can escape. Otherwise, if you tried to tighten the can liner around the lip of the receptacle, you would create a ballooning effect, cutting off your opening to rake debris in.

The third picture shows leaves raked into the 23" square opening of the receptacle. Notice that the bag stays in place and the air has released, causing the liner to be flush around the complete inner wall of the receptacle.
Visualize the ease of being able to rake leave into a receptacle without any can liner involved. Using the Slap-on attachment gives the same effect. The bag doesn't move.

The fourth picture shows the receptacle in an upright position. Generally, what you would do is forcibly plow or rake leaves into the receptacle so that it is nearly full. You would then take your rake or other tool that you are using and scoop up a bunch more leaves toward the opening of the receptacle. You then use the rake as a lid of sorts as you tilt the receptacle upright, preventing any leaves from falling out. You now have a bunch more leaves that currently extend beyond the capacity of the receptacle. You then take one hand and place it over the can liner on the opposite side from where it is secured by the Slap-on attachment and use your free hand to push the excess leaves into the bag. All of this can be done in about 20 seconds. It takes about 3 or 4 swoops of the rake to fill the 55+ gallon can liner.
Is there a chance that I could modify that thing a little bit to be able to have a device to put trash in on a ztr machine? Is it possible to cut off the legs and get it to set up about 12". Presently I roll the top down on a mulch bag and it stands a little bit. I want to be able to use my trash picker without stopping. And second will this work with big bags....90gal I think is what we use.