Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Is there a chance that I could modify that thing a little bit to be able to have a device to put trash in on a ztr machine? Is it possible to cut off the legs and get it to set up about 12". Presently I roll the top down on a mulch bag and it stands a little bit. I want to be able to use my trash picker without stopping. And second will this work with big bags....90gal I think is what we use.
The legs are made of plastic, so it'd pretty easy to cut. I'd suggest you take a close look at the picture of the Slap-on attachment on Grainger's website. You can zoom in on the picture if you'd like. It's yours to do whatever you'd like once you buy it. Also, want to mention that the crossmember is approx 15" wide, so make sure it isn't too wide to work on your setup. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am surprised at the level of miss-education, people so uninformed they apparently haven't a clue that this industry isn't just agricultural but it's also into recycling and anyone who hasn't figured it out better start getting with the program, we are choking the earth with garbage and anyone thinking I would be so wasteful as to use a petrol-based product into which I am going to insert organic waste is got to be joking.

That not only totally goes against the entire industry, it isn't green at all, it pollutes and it also takes longer ...

Put the crap inside bags I just have to separate it later, by dumping the leaves back out...
Read: We do NOT put organic waste inside a petrol-based product!
NO!

Leaves and branches and grass all decompose.
The plastic does not!

I am even more surprised that they would allow plant-based waste and petrol-based products to be deposited at the same area in the landfill, it makes no sense because landfills are part of the recycling industry, why would they not care?

As for myself, I use tarps?
It's clean, effective, and the waste goes to the mulch yard where they make soils and mulches out of it.

Last edited by herler; 08-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
I am surprised at the level of miss-education, people so uninformed they apparently haven't a clue that this industry isn't just agricultural but it's also into recycling and anyone who hasn't figured it out better start getting with the program, we are choking the earth with garbage and anyone thinking I would be so wasteful as to use a petrol-based product into which I am going to insert organic waste is got to be joking.

That not only totally goes against the entire industry, it isn't green at all, it pollutes and it also takes longer ...

Put the crap inside bags I just have to separate it later, by dumping the leaves back out...
NO!

The plastic does not!

I am even more surprised that they would allow plant-based waste and petrol-based products to be deposited at the same area in the landfill, it makes no sense because landfills are part of the recycling industry, why would they not care?

It's clean, effective, and the waste goes to the mulch yard where they make soils and mulches out of it.
I understand, but it is a free country and people will choose as they may. For those that are green, there are alternatives that will still allow people to use the Slap-on attachment and square waste receptacle to bag leaves. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am partnering with a company that makes biodegradable bags suitable for my product. They are made of starches and will turn into soil when left exposed to the elements. It is all about choice, and I encourage anyone that is interested in biodegradable bags to send me a private email requesting the contact information for the company that offers this product, and I will gladly give it to you.

People may also reuse plastic bags to gather leaves. Just gather the leaves in the plastic bags like you normally would, transport them to where they are to be dumped, and release them from the plastic bags, keeping the bags to fill once again. Actually, I would encourage this because it saves the lawn maintenance professional from the unnecessary, additional cost of having to pay for more bags.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought of this thread today while trying to gather up hedge trimming debris in a round can on a concrete driveway.

LOL

How about a "ramp" to slap on the side on the ground?
There's always that little pile of stuff that doesnt want to go in the can easily.
Something that helps the small stuff get swept in would be cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post

NO!

The plastic does not!

Lighten up there is a limit on the green thing you can always buy those little bitte paper bags and stuff you stuff in those. Tarps yea right YOu simply empty the bags at the mulch grinding place then you take the bags home and put them in the recycle.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Talking green me

Quote:
Lighten up there is a limit on the green thing you can always buy those little bitte paper bags and stuff you stuff in those. Tarps yea right YOu simply empty the bags at the mulch grinding place then you take the bags home and put them in the recycle.
Thats why I burn all my plastic, dont want to fill up the landfill
Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
I think home owners would love this product as well as those that run businesses in city areas as it's harder to dispose of things.

I just throw everything into my dump truck and take it to a dump where the grass is left to break down and wood/leaves/cardboard or anything of that sort is burned.

2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 Dump
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500
2013 7x16 Big Tex
2010 6x10 Big Tex
Buyers 2YD Poly Spreader
52" Scag Cheetah
48" Exmark Turf Tracer
48" Exmark Viking
18HP Little Wonder Vac
Toro Snowblowers
Stihl Handhelds

www.prestonlawnscapes.com

My work - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351577&page=13
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had nine bags packed so tight that I could hardly pick them up to get them out to the street. The only problem is I had to throw out any pieces that could rip the bags...

I do llike your product and since I am headed up to grainger to get some brass punches I will buy one.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I had nine bags packed so tight that I could hardly pick them up to get them out to the street. The only problem is I had to throw out any pieces that could rip the bags...

I do llike your product and since I am headed up to grainger to get some brass punches I will buy one.
Thanks so much for doing that and let me know how everyting goes.