Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztman View Post
Thats why I burn all my plastic, dont want to fill up the landfill
Nothing like rubbing salt in a wound. Bee..have.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
I think home owners would love this product as well as those that run businesses in city areas as it's harder to dispose of things.

I just throw everything into my dump truck and take it to a dump where the grass is left to break down and wood/leaves/cardboard or anything of that sort is burned.
Well, can't argue with that. That is a good way to do it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I thought of this thread today while trying to gather up hedge trimming debris in a round can on a concrete driveway.

LOL

How about a "ramp" to slap on the side on the ground?
There's always that little pile of stuff that doesnt want to go in the can easily.
Something that helps the small stuff get swept in would be cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
I understand. Perhaps you could get one of those dust pans that have the extending arm. That way you'd at least avoid having to bend down.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont see how this is better than tarping. If I have a 20X40 tarp, 4 guys with blowers........it will work faster. If I bagged leaves we would be losing $.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
I dont see how this is better than tarping. If I have a 20X40 tarp, 4 guys with blowers........it will work faster. If I bagged leaves we would be losing $.
Tarps are fine. People have used them for quite awhile. The issue with tarps is that eventually those leaves on the tarp will have to be either picked up or dragged to an immediately accessible area where they can be dumped, such as a woods or other unkept area.

Not everyone has an accessible area to dump their leaves, so they have to pick them up and carry them off. Unless you have a leaf vac, it is difficult to get leaves collected in a bed of a truck to carry them off. That is why a lot of people continue to bag leaves. They have to have an easy way to collect leaves so that they can throw them in the bed of their truck and haul them off.

If you use a leaf vac, good for you, but there are also disadvantages of leaf vacs that we have already discussed in this thread, primarily their high cost to acquire, run and maintain. There are also costs associated with modifying the bed of the truck that the leaves are blown into.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

The Slap-on website, www.slapon.net has been updated and includes links for the Slap-on attachment and its required accessories to WW Grainger's web pages for the products. Thanks, Eric
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
So you never have anything that you bag during a normal mow day . Our trucks come in with several bags of stuff every day. What do you do with hedge trimmings. And all the blowing creats noise and dust and cant do that in city. And what happens with the tarp full of leaves? When you get to next job them you get new tarp?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
The Slap-on website, www.slapon.net has been updated and includes links for the Slap-on attachment and its required accessories to WW Grainger's web pages for the products. Thanks, Eric
Stupid, red page...

Quote:
Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.
FYI I just updated Flash yesterday.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Stupid, red page...

FYI I just updated Flash yesterday.
I'm sorry about that. This was a quick updating of the pages, which was not too difficult. I'll try to find out by the middle of next week what the timeline is to get my web pages off of flash. Hang in there. Thanks, Eric
Old 08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
So you never have anything that you bag during a normal mow day . Our trucks come in with several bags of stuff every day. What do you do with hedge trimmings. And all the blowing creats noise and dust and cant do that in city. And what happens with the tarp full of leaves? When you get to next job them you get new tarp?
ed2hess, did you make your way to Grainger today, and, if so, what's the verdict on Slap-on attachment. Tell all, because at least one inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.