Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I mulch 50% or more maybe 20%-30% blow into a natural area on cutomers property and remainder is bagged with mower and then dumped into my trailer then unloaded at the local green waste dump where there can be no plastic bags.
Regarding plastic bags, I am partnering with a bio bag company that makes actual biodegradable bags, turning back into the soil from which they came. I know there are some negatives about them, but not so much so if you store and use them the right way. I am hoping that the combination of my product and the bio bags will make a good argument for their use.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I should've worded my post differently. It's is a good product but I think it may be better marketed through a more retail friendly outlet. The first that come to mind would be Ace and True Value stores.
I was giving you how I handle leaves and no I don't bag with a 21 that would take forever.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Tell more about the bio bags. That I am interested in if they are priced right. BTW I do think your product is priced accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Tell more about the bio bags. That I am interested in if they are priced right. BTW I do think your product is priced accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device
I understand and appreciate your message. My product is priced where Grainger is making a profit, which I have no problem with. I believe that they see the price of my product as being low enough that property management companies wouldn't bat an eye when making the purchase, so long as they see the benefit. The time savings argument and ease argument will be where my product wins or loses the battle.

Regarding the bio bags, how about I send you a private message with the contact information? I do not want to get myself in trouble with those that manage this site. Also, I believe they are only a wholesaler to retail outlets, but, if that is the case, I am sure they could refer you to one of their retailers.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can see this being used on an industrial or government site by hourly workers which Grainger would sell to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I can see this being used on an industrial or government site by hourly workers which Grainger would sell to.
Posted via Mobile Device
I hope so. I still have a long way to go before I can claim any success. There are a lot of hurdles I need to overcome. It is essential that my product is bundled with the appropriate receptacles and can liners. Without them, my product is useless, and I do not want any unhappy customers. There's also a messaging issue, because I need to make people familiar with a product they currently have no conception of. This requires that I educate them how it's used. Worst of all, I currently need to do this outreach with a very limited marketing budget. That is why I am going to the professionals here on this board. You do this work everyday, and can easily discern whether a product could benefit you. Also, you stand so much more to gain (I hope) in time savings and effort exerted.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The reason I would be interested in the bio bags is for bush trimming. I am doing more and more of that and already use trash cans to collect trimmings in. Having the bags would be neater than dumping on the trailer and having all that mixed with equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
The reason I would be interested in the bio bags is for bush trimming. I am doing more and more of that and already use trash cans to collect trimmings in. Having the bags would be neater than dumping on the trailer and having all that mixed with equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device
I posted their contact information in a private message I sent to you. They're good people to work with. Hope you find what you need.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You never posted a website url...
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
You never posted a website url...
Thanks for your interest. Please tell me what you think or let me know if you have any questions. Here's what you need:

You can find my product, the Slap-on attachment, on WW Grainger's website, www.grainger.com. Type "slap-on" in the search field. It was just added to their product lineup this month, so all of the required and optional accessories for the product have to still be worked out. Its purpose is to assist you in fall cleanups and other cleanups that might require raking or sweeping.

The attachment works on Grainger's 48 and 55 gallon Tough Guy
square receptacles, product #s 5DMV5 and 6YLP6. The item number for ordering the can liners from Grainger is 5XL60. They are 42.5" wide by 48" long, 1.1 mil in thickness, low density, and 56-gallon capacity can liners.

You can reference my web page, www.slapon.net, to get a better understanding of the Slap-on attachment's use.