Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good Luck

I use trash bags.

How many of these clips do you need. $31 dollars seems a little pricey.

Then again it is a little bigger than expected.

You know what could help is a youtube demo. Edit it to about 30 seconds.

Install it and load a trasch bag with leaves.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I don't want to be negative but most of us don't use plastic bags. If any of us do its just the highschool kids who don't know any better.
most companies in Texas use plastic bags-large and small companies-....when we must haul trash off--

paper bags are sorry, in my opinion-

we mostly mulch, but cannot totally get away from it--

up north, they haul off all debris in the backs of their trucks or some other config.--trailer or whatever--thats their thing-
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 08-24-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Good Luck

I use trash bags.

Thanks for asking. You just need one clip. You slide it over one side of a square receptacle and tip it over on its opposite side. The attachment pins the can liner to the top of the receptacle and the bottom lip of the receptacle pins the bag to the ground. The long prongs extend to the base of the receptacle, keeping the bag opening from collapsing to the bottom of the receptacle when it is on its side. The secret is that the remainder of the bag is loose around the lip of the receptacle, allowing air to escape from the air pockets that were created when the bag was placed in the receptacle. You can literally forcibly rake or push leaves into the receptacle's opening and the bag will not release.

Regarding the price, I understand that it's high, but Grainger determined the price they wanted to sell the product for, not me. Maybe look at the price as what they determined to be fair for the value added.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Again, I think a short Youtube video will increase your sales. Granger is everywhere and they have counter sales. This means they do sale retail. Youtube could give you a lot of exposure. Just include a link to Granger.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Good Luck

I use trash bags.

Regarding the price, I understand that it's high, but Grainger determined the price they wanted to sell the product for, not me. Maybe look at the price as what they determined to be fair for the value added.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed your second point. I definitely would like to totally revamp my website and add informative videos to help everyone along. The reality is that there is just one individual, me, trying to get all of this done and I need the resources to do it. It'll happen, but its going to take time.

Another problem is that I am in McKinney, Tx (Originally from South Bend, IN), and they do not have a significant leaf problem down here like they do up north, so shooting a meaningful video could be problematic for me. I am open to adding video anyone may shoot using my product here and on my website, though.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Again, I think a short Youtube video will increase your sales. Granger is everywhere and they have counter sales. This means they do sale retail. Youtube could give you a lot of exposure. Just include a link to Granger.
Duekster, thanks for the suggestion. I do need to be able to shoot a meaningful video. I just addressed this on another post of mine, but the problem is that I am in McKinney, Tx and, as you probably know, we do not have a significant leaf problem down here like they do up north. Also, the leaves fall later here than up north. So shooting a meaningful video could be problematic for me. I've put out an offer for anyone that uses the Slap-on attachment to post it here. That would be a great help.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Duekster, thanks for the suggestion. I do need to be able to shoot a meaningful video. I just addressed this on another post of mine, but the problem is that I am in McKinney, Tx and, as you probably know, we do not have a significant leaf problem down here like they do up north. Also, the leaves fall later here than up north. So shooting a meaningful video could be problematic for me. I've put out an offer for anyone that uses the Slap-on attachment to post it here. That would be a great help.
There are places in N Texas that will have leaves soon.
Go to Garden Ridge, they may have some of those paper leaves
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
There are places in N Texas that will have leaves soon.
Go to Garden Ridge, they may have some of those paper leaves
If you mean Garden Ridge, the craft store, that's a great idea, and actually I have already done it, and those leaves you see in my video are artificial. I bought a whole lot of artificial leaves, and it cost me a boat load of money, but it was well worth the price. I still have the leaves in a plastic bag stored in my garage ready to go. I would really like to have video of my product actually being used in the field, though. It really means a lot to me to get your feedback. Take care.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
Pin hole, no more vent problems. Same when using a knot.

I also have a large metal close pin type clamps. Again free to me.

Still wish you luck.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Pin hole, no more vent problems. Same when using a knot.

I also have a large metal close pin type clamps. Again free to me.

Still wish you luck.
I appreciate your wishing me well. Take care.