Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
My invention, the Slap-on attachment, is now being sold at WW Grainger

Hello everyone,

This same post was made on the the Landscape Maintenance forum, so I'll apologize up front to those that are offended.

I'm going to make this as short as possible. I just signed on with this site as a sponsor so that I can share my product with you. I'm just a small time entrepreneur/inventor that was lucky enough to have WW Grainger see value in my product. I am now an authorized supplier for Grainger, which is a great honor of mine to be affiliated with them. You can find my product, the Slap-on attachment, on their website, www.grainger.com, and typing "slap-on" in the search field. It was just added to their product lineup this month, so all of the required and optional accessories for the product have to still be worked out. Its purpose is to assist you in fall cleanups and other cleanups that might require raking or sweeping.

The attachment works on Grainger's 48 and 55 gallon Tough Guy
square receptacles, product #s 5DMV5 and 6YLP6. The item number for ordering the can liners from Grainger is 5XL60. They are 42.5" wide by 48" long, 1.1 mil in thickness, low density, and 56-gallon capacity can liners. You can reference my web page, www.slapon.net, to get a better understanding of the Slap-on attachment's use. A frequent poster here has tried the product and may be willing to share with you his experiences. I'll have to check with him though before I let you know if it's alright.

Please let me know what you think. Your opinions are very important to me and I will respond to every inquiry. I'll also apologize up front that you will probably be seeing a lot of posts from me because it is so important that I share my message about this product. Also, please share this information with anyone that may be interested in the product.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Hello everyone,

This same post was made on the the Landscape Maintenance forum, so I'll apologize up front to those that are offended.

I'm going to make this as short as possible. I just signed on with this site as a sponsor so that I can share my product with you. I'm just a small time entrepreneur/inventor that was lucky enough to have WW Grainger see value in my product. I am now an authorized supplier for Grainger, which is a great honor of mine to be affiliated with them. You can find my product, the Slap-on attachment, on their website, www.grainger.com, and typing "slap-on" in the search field. It was just added to their product lineup this month, so all of the required and optional accessories for the product have to still be worked out. Its purpose is to assist you in fall cleanups and other cleanups that might require raking or sweeping.

The attachment works on Grainger's 48 and 55 gallon Tough Guy
square receptacles, product #s 5DMV5 and 6YLP6. The item number for ordering the can liners from Grainger is 5XL60. They are 42.5" wide by 48" long, 1.1 mil in thickness, low density, and 56-gallon capacity can liners. You can reference my web page, www.slapon.net, to get a better understanding of the Slap-on attachment's use. A frequent poster here has tried the product and may be willing to share with you his experiences. I'll have to check with him though before I let you know if it's alright.

Please let me know what you think. Your opinions are very important to me and I will respond to every inquiry. I'll also apologize up front that you will probably be seeing a lot of posts from me because it is so important that I share my message about this product. Also, please share this information with anyone that may be interested in the product.
Here's the link for the discussion on the other forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079

You're all welcome to add your input. It's much appreciated. Thanks, Eric
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Just posted over there. Good Luck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Here's the link for the discussion on the other forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079

You're all welcome to add your input. It's much appreciated. Thanks, Eric
bumping it along,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:28 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Here's the link for the discussion on the other forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079

You're all welcome to add your input. It's much appreciated. Thanks, Eric
Bumping it up
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,854
I don't undertand its value. I can take a big bag and place my two shoes on the bag holding it to the ground and my hand to hold it open. The key is to utilize the wind to blow the bag open. So what else do I need?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I don't undertand its value. I can take a big bag and place my two shoes on the bag holding it to the ground and my hand to hold it open. The key is to utilize the wind to blow the bag open. So what else do I need?
First, you're bending over and paddling leaves in the loosely held bag, not very good on the back. Not the case with the Slap-on product. You sweep or rake the leaves into the bin like you would a dust pan, except this receptacle has a 23" square opening to collect the debris. Second, you only have one free hand available to paddle the leaves in the bag (the second hand is required to hold the bag). With the Slap-on attachment, no paddling of leaves with a single hand is necessary. Instead, you have a leaf rake or other appropriate tool available to forcibly sweep or push leaves or other debris into a bag. That's why you're able to fill a 55 gallon bag in approximately 20 seconds with the Slap-on attachment.

Third, because your feet need to remain in place to hold the bottom of the bag flush to the ground, you've lost all mobility to move around your area to collect other leaves or debris to bring over to where you're attempting to bag them. Not the case with the Slap-on attachment with the receptacle. You're free to move about to gather sufficient quantities of leaves or debris to continue your bagging. Fourth, as you indicated, because the bag is freely held, the wind and other factors could interfere with your ability to keep the bag sufficiently open. You're left fighting with the elements. That is not the case with the Slap-on attachment and the receptacle. The bag is enclosed and secure along the complete wall of the receptacle. That means you have an opening that is 23" square that goes approximately 30" deep to the base of the receptacle. That's quite a large collection bin.

Fifth, because your bag is loosely held, it is difficult to compact the leaves in the bag to get the bag's full value in capacity. That is because the bag tends to give where there is least resistance Not the case with the Slap-on attachment and square receptacle. Because the bag is enclosed by a solid walled receptacle, the bag has nowhere to give. That maximizes your ability to compact the leaves. I'm sure others could name some other advantages, but those are a few I thought of off of the top of my head.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-26-2012, 09:57 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Bumping it up
Bumping it up.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
First, you're bending over and paddling leaves in the loosely held bag, not very good on the back. Not the case with the Slap-on product. You sweep or rake the leaves into the bin like you would a dust pan, except this receptacle has a 23" square opening to collect the debris. Second, you only have one free hand available to paddle the leaves in the bag (the second hand is required to hold the bag). With the Slap-on attachment, no paddling of leaves with a single hand is necessary. Instead, you have a leaf rake or other appropriate tool available to forcibly sweep or push leaves or other debris into a bag. That's why you're able to fill a 55 gallon bag in approximately 20 seconds with the Slap-on attachment.

Third, because your feet need to remain in place to hold the bottom of the bag flush to the ground, you've lost all mobility to move around your area to collect other leaves or debris to bring over to where you're attempting to bag them. Not the case with the Slap-on attachment with the receptacle. You're free to move about to gather sufficient quantities of leaves or debris to continue your bagging. Fourth, as you indicated, because the bag is freely held, the wind and other factors could interfere with your ability to keep the bag sufficiently open. You're left fighting with the elements. That is not the case with the Slap-on attachment and the receptacle. The bag is enclosed and secure along the complete wall of the receptacle. That means you have an opening that is 23" square that goes approximately 30" deep to the base of the receptacle. That's quite a large collection bin.

Fifth, because your bag is loosely held, it is difficult to compact the leaves in the bag to get the bag's full value in capacity. That is because the bag tends to give where there is least resistance Not the case with the Slap-on attachment and square receptacle. Because the bag is enclosed by a solid walled receptacle, the bag has nowhere to give. That maximizes your ability to compact the leaves. I'm sure others could name some other advantages, but those are a few I thought of off of the top of my head.
Ok you understand exactly how I do it.....now how about some pictures of the product holding the bag open. You just might have something worth while since it looks like it will store away nicely. The competion for you is that plastic device that fit on the inside of the bag and expands. those have advantage over you because it protects bag from being torn when inserting debris.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 AM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Ok you understand exactly how I do it.....now how about some pictures of the product holding the bag open. You just might have something worth while since it looks like it will store away nicely. The competion for you is that plastic device that fit on the inside of the bag and expands. those have advantage over you because it protects bag from being torn when inserting debris.
To answer your question, if you mean the flexible plastic sheet, it generally will not work well with a square receptacle so you lose the advantages of having a square receptacle to lay flat on the ground.

How about joining our conversation on the other forum?: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079

It's been really active over there, and I'm sure you'll find some other useful information regarding the product. Thanks, Eric

Last edited by slapon; 08-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.06772 seconds with 7 queries