Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What's up slowleak1? Man sounds like you got a good mower. Where did you get it from? I have a 48" tiger cub and I'll soon be getting a 61" turf tiger! I just landed another huge account and I will definitely need another big boy. I always purchase my equipment from Vaughan's in Kenner. What made you go with Cheetah instead of turf tiger even though Cheetah is the fastest thing on the market?

I also have several accounts out in your area, so hopefully I'll run into you. But if I do I'll stop by to meet you one day.
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
1 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
1 PE 200 ECHO STICK EDGER
1 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER
2 21" SNAPPER WALK BEHIND
1 22" TORO WALK BEHIND
1 ECHO SHC 225S HEDGE TRIMMER
1 ECHO CHAINSAW
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got it from vaughns.I picked the cheetah over the tt for a few reasons, the main ones being speed, belt drive deck, and bigger motor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Little update since I haven't updated this thread in a while. Dropped the machine off at the dealer today for it running slow, smoking heavily on start up, pulsing hydros and paint chipping. The mechanic says there is nothing that can be done to increase ground speed, and that I over filled the motor with oil and thats why it smokes. I haven't touched it since I bought it so he is full of $hit. Waiting to hear back from them about what they are going to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
I hate people that assume things like this. I bet it blew a head gasket!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I hate people that assume things like this. I bet it blew a head gasket!
A blown headgasket does nothing but causes a oil leak on a/c engines. If the oil is overfull check for a gassy smell to it. If it does it could be a carb float not sealing causing gas in the crankcase.

How many hrs do you have on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

11 hours. If it blew a headgasket, they can take this mower and shove it. Called them today to check on it and they said they won't mess with adjusting anything and I just have slow pumps. They also confirmed overfilling of the oil, which I made sure to point out to them that THEY put the oil in it not me.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
11 hours. If it blew a headgasket, they can take this mower and shove it. Called them today to check on it and they said they won't mess with adjusting anything and I just have slow pumps. They also confirmed overfilling of the oil, which I made sure to point out to them that THEY put the oil in it not me.
Contact Scag if you can and explain your situation.. You never know... See what they say about having slow pumps...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I got it from vaughns.I picked the cheetah over the tt for a few reasons, the main ones being speed, belt drive deck, and bigger motor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Man sounds like your having problems already and the machine it's broken in yet. Hopefully Vaughn's take care of you. They are some great people to deal with. They are not after your money like other dealers out there.

Also, if it's an head gasket normally you'll here the motor sucking air and it'll sound different. I've never heard of it smoking from a head gasket. But good luck!!!
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
1 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
1 PE 200 ECHO STICK EDGER
1 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER
2 21" SNAPPER WALK BEHIND
1 22" TORO WALK BEHIND
1 ECHO SHC 225S HEDGE TRIMMER
1 ECHO CHAINSAW
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

CONGRATS!! on the CHEETAH. I drive by my a Scag dealer every day on the way to school. He gots them lined up TT, Cheetah, Tiger Cat, Freedom. I love the cheetah, never cut with it, but I have sat in one and could only imagine what its like!!

Have fun!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Man, that is messed up. Slow pumps?? WTF?? I thought the Cheetah was all about speed... slow pumps?? Ya know, I read this thread and at first, I'm happy for you because you can sense your excitement about getting this mower and now I can sense your frustration. It bites to have to go through something like this. I hope everything turns out okay in the end.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Email scag off their website. Explain the Situation and ask for the regional rep to contact you soon. It should make those pumps go faster quick.

All they should do is verify engine rpm's, then adjust the rods for speed.