Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM
LibertyFarmLandscaping's Avatar
LibertyFarmLandscaping LibertyFarmLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE TX
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Check out a Kubota
Posted via Mobile Device
One of my friends that is solo bought one a few months ago. I need to try it out sometime. The weight is the problem for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
BJWLAWNCARE's Avatar
BJWLAWNCARE BJWLAWNCARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scranton PA
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
I bet JD makes more profit from all the clothing and caps than all their equipment combined.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would agree. I will be out to see you guys in the next week or two. You guys have the best sod. No question.

As for the scags I have 2 pro v's both with sulkies and the velocity decks. I have 300 hrs on a 52 and 100 hrs on a 48. So far so good for me. The price on the 48 was less than 5,000 with tax included out the door. I couldn't find anything that came even close to price, features, and reliability.
__________________
03 Ford F-250
2014 RAM 3500 12 FT aluminum dump
(2) 6 x 12 V-nose enclosed trailors
48 and 52 inch Scag Pro-V's
48 and 36 inch Great Dane hydro WB's
2-21in Honda HRC 216 hydro
Echo Hedge trimmer HC-150
2- Shindaiwa multi tool M2510
2-Hitachi string trimmers
Shindaiwa BP blower 854
Robin BP blower
Shindaiwa HT 2510 30in single sided trimmers
Echo Blower ES-230
Stihl Chain Saw 250
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
JasonH's Avatar
JasonH JasonH is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kaplan, Louisiana
Posts: 17
machines

Go with a Deere or a Hustler Xone, or Hustler super z. Don't know much about scag but wouldnt buy one if had a choice. They not to popular in my area. I had a JD Ztrack 820A sold it cause of debt issues. Gravely is good but you buying a name not quality. It's Hustler or a Deere for me can't kill either one and the cut is excellent
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM
mowcrazy mowcrazy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgetown ohio
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
Go with a Deere or a Hustler Xone, or Hustler super z. Don't know much about scag but wouldnt buy one if had a choice. They not to popular in my area. I had a JD Ztrack 820A sold it cause of debt issues. Gravely is good but you buying a name not quality. It's Hustler or a Deere for me can't kill either one and the cut is excellent
We have all of those brands in my area, Ive owned them all...... You can't kill any of them for the most part but here in South West ohio the only 2 mowers worth running (unless you like to double cut EVERYTHING) is jd with the 7 iron or scag with the velocity. I bought a hustler and it was a cool machine but it was for sale before it had 100 hrs on it. It cut like doggy doodoo in weed infested yards which is all I have the pleasures of mowing in my area. I have a bank that has treated turf and all the brands Ive ran there do a good job.........

If your mowing weedy yards/ crab grass, yada yada, I highly recommend the 7 iron deck or scag velocity........ There all good ones in Perfect lawns though for sure.........

Scag has stolen my heart with there new velocity deck...... Its hard to even get it to throw a clump.....
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
I bought my SCAG Cheetah this past June after 9 years with my John Deere Z. I should have spent all my money 9 years ago and gone with the SCAG instead. JD isn't even in the same category when compared to the heavy duty build of a SCAG.

Without the slightest reservation, I would go and buy 3 Turf Tigers or Cheetah's if I needed 3 machines. You'll still be using them 10 years from now I'm sure.
You've posted this before, and IIRC you had an older 700 series machine?
If so, they aren't in the same league with the newer 900's, for either cut or build. I came oh so close to buying a TT with the 35 BB, but ended up buying the 950 instead, because of several features that the TT didn't have that I wanted. I still would love to own a TT though and it will most likely be the next one I buy when it comes to a ZTR. Regardless, I looked them both over very, very well, and I really can't see where the Scag's are built any better tha the Deere even though that gets posted her so often. They are both very well made machines, and have the two best cutting decks made today IMO (at least that goes for the std 7 Iron. I'm not too sure about this MOD yet).
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:01 AM
LibertyFarmLandscaping's Avatar
LibertyFarmLandscaping LibertyFarmLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE TX
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
You've posted this before, and IIRC you had an older 700 series machine?
If so, they aren't in the same league with the newer 900's, for either cut or build. I came oh so close to buying a TT with the 35 BB, but ended up buying the 950 instead, because of several features that the TT didn't have that I wanted. I still would love to own a TT though and it will most likely be the next one I buy when it comes to a ZTR. Regardless, I looked them both over very, very well, and I really can't see where the Scag's are built any better tha the Deere even though that gets posted her so often. They are both very well made machines, and have the two best cutting decks made today IMO (at least that goes for the std 7 Iron. I'm not too sure about this MOD yet).
Well I guess since you looked them over very very well it must be true. Everyone posting here must be a paid Scag employee.....
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Well I guess since you looked them over very very well it must be true. Everyone posting here must be a paid Scag employee.....
No need to be a jerk, or get all butt hurt bro.

Did you even bother to read my post?!?
I never said that Scag's aren't well made. I just said that they aren't any heavier duty than the 900's from what I could see looking all around them both very closely.

I guess because you run them they must be the best huh?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
JasonH's Avatar
JasonH JasonH is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kaplan, Louisiana
Posts: 17
mower

Yea I had 7 iron on Deere and the cut was excellent
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
LibertyFarmLandscaping's Avatar
LibertyFarmLandscaping LibertyFarmLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE TX
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No need to be a jerk, or get all butt hurt bro.

Did you even bother to read my post?!?
I never said that Scag's aren't well made. I just said that they aren't any heavier duty than the 900's from what I could see looking all around them both very closely.

I guess because you run them they must be the best huh?
Sorry I guess your post just came off the wrong way. Most posts I have seen comparing the 2 is people comparing over thousands of hours the TT holds up better than the 900 Deere not just looking at the 2 new at a dealer.

I would like to switch cuz I have a JD mechanic that lives up the road that could bring me a loaner and take mine in when it went down. He has brought the 930 MOD for me to demo on more than one occasion. The fuel consumtion was worse on a 27hp running beside the 35hp TT in the same lawns. Also very rough with no standard suspension seat. 2500 more for the JD 950 non MOD deck with 37HP Kawi and suspension seat than a Scag with a suspension seat. The cut is awesome on the 7iron very comparable to the Velocity deck. Also I have a 5303 JD tractor with MX 10 cutter that has been a great tractor.

I've been running TT's for 12 years with very few problems. So I am brand bias that is for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,892
My 950 MOD was $10,9K, the 950 std deck (which I wish I had bought instead) was $10,2K and the TT w/35 BB was $10,2K. The biggest problem is that the Scag dealer was a LOT farther away, but too, I liked the shorter overall length of the Deere, and while I hated the left front caster being straight out on the Deere Z's when I first started using them, I have come to really appreciate that feature. It lets me get in much closer on inside corners to trim than I could with other more conventional design Z's.

It should have a suspension seat though, that's for sure, especially on a machine that costs right in the same range as all other top tier mowers that do come with a suspension seat. I understand that the 2013's will have one finally.

I would still like to have a TT some time. They are just cool IMO, and the only scag that I have been on that I felt comfortable, with plenty of room on. I did not care for the cramped foot rest on the Cheetah at all. IMO, the TT is much more suited to me over the Cheetah all things considered.

Just as a side note, I am getting right around 1.5-1.7 gph on my 950. I wouldn't think that the 35 TT would do any better, at least not from all I've read here. Then again, having the extra power for the same gph is a plus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.13427 seconds with 7 queries