Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy Sunday

Well it looks like the of the storm is going to miss us (thank GOD). I have a small ( 11 yards), but growing company. I have a 50" zero turn troy bilt, echo edger and whip, stihl backpack blower, rakes, shovels, ect..ect..and a care for the look and health of a lawn.
I have learned some good things from all of your advice to others, so I registered. I have a ton of questions, and hopefully one day I may be able to help someone else with MY experience.

first question: with this storm coming in how do I get some of this clean-up work thats going to be out there (remember I am currently broke).

Thank you in advance
DoneByGregg
Old 08-26-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneByGregg View Post
Well it looks like the of the storm is going to miss us (thank GOD). I have a small ( 11 yards), but growing company. I have a 50" zero turn troy bilt, echo edger and whip, stihl backpack blower, rakes, shovels, ect..ect..and a care for the look and health of a lawn.
I have learned some good things from all of your advice to others, so I registered. I have a ton of questions, and hopefully one day I may be able to help someone else with MY experience.

first question: with this storm coming in how do I get some of this clean-up work thats going to be out there (remember I am currently broke).

Thank you in advance
DoneByGregg
I am new here also. I am looking for a full commercial start-up in the spring of 2013.

I have more than enough questions to ask as well but I have learned a lot by searching forums like this for the answers.

As far as clean up, I had that same problem a couple of years ago when we had some sort of micro hurricane type storm run through Chicagoland here and knocked out power for close to a week for most the areas around here.

Anyways, TONS of cleanup had to be done all over the place and I just went house to house with my trailer and asked if there was any work I could do for them (for financial compensation of course) and there were tons of desperate people that wanted help in their yards with clean up and etc.

I am not sure if this was your question, but this is what I did to pick up some extra work during our crazy couple of weeks worth of nature's fury!

Good luck with your company!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would post on craigslist. I would be sure to keep posting because there will be every guy with a truck and chainsaw posting after the storms are done.

Tags
advice needed , clean-up , new business