Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ZTR attachments (dethatcher/aerator)

Was streaming some youtube and saw some of the JRCO products and wantd to know more specifically how well these products work and if they are worth considering for future purchases. How well does the dethatcher work ? I assume that nothing is as good as raking out thatch but how does this compare? Is the aerator a good working piece of equipment as well? To be honest what caught my eye on the video was the littlewonder blower mounted on some kind of platform infront of the ZTR. Anyone have any experience with these ?

Here's the Vid btw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWv7PdgMgpc
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I have recently installed a JRCO hooker aerator on my Kubota ZD and I love it! first day out with it I did almost twice as many clients as I had in a day last year with a walk behind. Takes a little to get use to it. But the electric raise and lower is very nice feature. I am planning on getting a thatcher very soon for my walk behind since I have a bagger for it and then I can then thatch and pick it up immediately afterwards. I also plan to get another mount bar for walk behind for aerator as well so I can get in the smaller yards a little easier.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tons of threads about the Jrco rake and aerator. Both seem to work well. I'm going to get the dethatcher over the winter and offer the service this spring.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 60" dethatcher and it works wells. Just go over the lawn two or three time in opposing patterns and suck it up. Also great for spring clean ups. If you have a ton of pine needles it will rake up a good amount of them. Once you get it set up for your machine its super easy on/off. Make the lawns super buff and clean looking. I found a used one for $250 and it's held up great for three seasons now and it takes a good beating too.