Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2011, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Let's see some trailer setups.

Just thought it would be fun to get a thread together where everyone can show their trailers, whether they are open or enclosed.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

i guess not
Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good I like it. Congarts.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you've already seen mine but here ya go! Here is My Mowing crew number 2's Trailer.
We use it to haul mowers and to pull our mini Dingo to Jobs

Old 06-19-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

These aren't the best, but it should give you an idea how my trailer is set up...
Attached Images

John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
These aren't the best, but it should give you an idea how my trailer is set up...
That yellow looks sharp, and I love the taller mesh in the front!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.
I was really wanting to have a back-up mower and a mower that I could use on smaller properties. I don't work a whole lot being solo and only doing this part-time outside of classes and working as a fire fighter. For the past several years I was only running a ztr and a 21" mower, so if my previous mower had broken down, I was down until I could get my mower fixed (my old dealer didn't have loaners at all). I don't have time to have my mower down for repairs when I really neeed to get my accounts done.

I've been planning on purchasing another new mower since last fall (I knew it would be another Deere). I was debating between a 36" or 48" hydro walkbehind and a 48" stander. I knew I wanted a mower that could be used on smaller properties, hills and also be fairly productive on my larger accounts should my ztr be out of service for any reason. I quickly ruled out a 36" walkbehind for the fact that it wouldn't be as productive on my larger accounts, so it was between a 48" walkbehind and a 48" stander. I was more familiar with standers than walkbehinds and I really liked the stander concept better. Pricewise, the stander was just a few hundred dollars more than a comparable walkbehind, so price wasn't a deciding factor. Really what sold me was the productivity, manuverability and comfort that a stander offers, plus the Deere has the 7ironPRO deck which I love. I don't regret my decision to purchase the stander, I have loved every minute I have spent on that machine. I can do pretty much everything a walkbehind can and still be quicker on larger lawns...plus it takes up about the same space on the trailer.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 06-19-2011, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a quick shot of my rig. Everything is set up for speed and safety. All the mowers have Prolockers on the wheels. I have modified the racks for the blowers to better support them. There is a 2.5 gallon mix can in a wall mounted box just out of the picture for quick refills. The metal box in the front holds another 10 gallons of gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. All other string trimmer racks are junk compared to the Extreme Series.

All the walls, ramp, and floors have an extra layer of 1/2" plywood I added. The crappy skylights have been replaced with RV units that have a lifetime warranty. I've built different hedge trimmer racks since this picture was taken. There is an 8' and 3' ladder in the ceiling rack I built.

This is the first enclosed trailer I've ever owned but it looks better then any competitors trailers I've ever seen on the road.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brad, very nice setup but what do you do about blowers and trimmers just use the back of the truck? I am only guessing but grass clipping how are they to off load from the front of the trailer?

Training them early

Tags
enclosed open trailer