Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Help me pick a company name

Next spring I will be starting out on my own. I will be offering residential and commercial mowing, trimming, edging, hedge trimming and light tree trimming, along with Fall and Spring clean up. In the winter I will offer residential snow blowing.
I will be catering to mostly Lake homes (some year round homes and some are seasonal) most of them have larger lots.
I do not want to include my name in my company name... I just want something that is professional and memorable.
Thanks for the help
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If your not willing to come up with a name on your own, how much does this company really mean to you? Well not much. You can't even get a piece of paper and start brainstorming till you get something creative. While I'm at it, make sure you check the records of your city to make sure its available and not already being used. That should be your first board meeting.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you should retitle this thread, "come up with a name for my company because I don't want to work at it myself." Really? Not even one possible name you came up with in the post?

http://www.entrepreneur.com/encyclop...erm/82552.html

Halfway or so down the article is a process outlined for naming that may help you get started.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Water's Edge Lawn Care
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is not that I/we don't want to help you decide or offer suggestions but you gotta show some effort on your part. Naming is a tough task. I think if you come up with and post a couple options you will get more help and feedback.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Rough croud....hang in there...just don't call your company lowballer incorporated...guys on here will run you off
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

The name will come to you. I was trying to hard and pretty much wasting every spare second I had trying so hard to come up with the PERFECT name. I finally just kinda dropped it and in the next day or two a great name came to me and I love it and now its the name of my LLC. We are not going to name your company for you. Only you can and SHOULD do this part. Show some pride and ownership! It will come to you.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow!! Tough Crowd is right!!
I have honestly spent a lot of time thinking about it an have come up with a few:
The Lawn Boss
White Gloves Professional Lawn Care
Quality Lawn Service
I have put in a lot of effort into my company so do not think that I am not willing to put in the time and do not take pride enough to come up with a name. I am just looking for some help with suggestions. The name is a very important part, it is the identity of your company. So I just want to make sure I pick a good one.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik1981 View Post
Wow!! Tough Crowd is right!!
I have honestly spent a lot of time thinking about it an have come up with a few:
The Lawn Boss
White Gloves Professional Lawn Care
Quality Lawn Service
I have put in a lot of effort into my company so do not think that I am not willing to put in the time and do not take pride enough to come up with a name. I am just looking for some help with suggestions. The name is a very important part, it is the identity of your company. So I just want to make sure I pick a good one.
Erik,
Don't sweat it. Keep it simple and professional, at the end of the day it's your work that's going to be the deciding factor in whether or not you succeed.

Tags
company , start up