Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm still new to all of this as an owner. Only my second year in. I'm finding out a lot of things I need to address as time goes on. I like the work and owning so I think it's a process as far as getting things to where you want them.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi guys, im new to this, but any idea or direction where i can see a sample agreement to edit and use as my own, dont have no start up cash to purchase anything right now so was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of a website for agreements or anything that would help, thanks.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go with an agreement.

We bla bla bla agree to do this for that,payment on the ???
Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
Go with an agreement.

We bla bla bla agree to do this for that,payment on the ???
Its as simple as that? I have to make sure to include "as weather allows" if i have them pay monthly as opposed to per mow right? Thank you.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All of our clients are on 12 month minimum signed contract. We also work in a high income area, and our average full service contract is more than $200/month. I set our business up this way because I like to be paid the same all year. We make our profit during the winter, which is opposite if you charge per cut. It took me 4 years to change to this method. My proposals are usually 3-7 pages 12point and my contract is 2 pages longer than the proposal.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslawncare View Post
All of our clients are on 12 month minimum signed contract. We also work in a high income area, and our average full service contract is more than $200/month. I set our business up this way because I like to be paid the same all year. We make our profit during the winter, which is opposite if you charge per cut. It took me 4 years to change to this method. My proposals are usually 3-7 pages 12point and my contract is 2 pages longer than the proposal.
Thanks, that sounds nice to ensure being paid all year long, i better get to thinking on what to write because that is a lot of pages, especially for me to write. I would have to have the 3 bi weekly customers pay me per mow i guess once i grow and have others pay monthly via contract/agreement so i can have a few bucks every other week for expenses to keep doing business. Thanks for the advice
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Sponsor

Residential Contracts

I think that it is important to have a service agreement in place. This is a automatic feature in the AccuLawn System. The customer just clicks that they agree to your terms and then you have a contract. It's that simple. Find out more at acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Sponsor

Residential Contracts

Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Sponsor

Residential Contracts

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123hotdog View Post
I went to a mowing seminar a few years ago put on buy a guy in Ohio named Wayne Voltz. They went to service agreements on every account. Lost some but over all it bettered their business. I sorta adopted this policy. All my existing customers grandfathered in so to speak, but every new customer signs a service agreement, whether commercial or residential. Some won't sign and that's okay. The ones that do pay and pay on time and take me serious as a business and not the " lawn guy". This also allows me to weed out the dead beats.
Could you or one of the other guys post a copy of your agreements? I just completed my first season (did it without a service agreement), and I want to start using agreements next season...at least for new customers.