Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone in Colorado

Is there anyone out there that is in Colorado want to share thoughts about this weather or anything else.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm trying to start up in Longmont. I hope the weather stays nice for a bit. Talking about snow again tonight. I need some customers to get some $$ to buy some equipment. How long have you been doing this? Have any equipment? I'm real interested in the organic, feed the soil kinda thing. Looking to get some clean up/renovations with continued maintenance. Been playing with compost and my own yard for years. Lots of competition around town for a new guy.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

good luck

Man I can relate this is going to be a bad year I think but I may be wrong who knows. Time will tell what kind of equipment do you have? Do you have a web site yet here is mine I can help you do one if you need help www.lawnsbydesign.org. Keep in touch
Old 04-16-2008, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

MFS you are in my hometown man. 65 grad from Poudre High. Barefoot I have a 32" Snapper Pro With a 9 HP kawi engine that is for sale, good rubber and runs great. I'am starting my 4th year in the bus sense getting laid off, and we are not taking on any more new accounts. Reply
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I am glad I found this website. I was laid off in January. I been doing some yards on the side the last 3 years and decided this was the opportunity for me to jump into this business for real. I set up LLC, set up business bank acct, filing with city and looking into insurance. Trying to make it all legit. I have lots of hand tools, a junk home mower and a '90 Dakota with more than 200K mi. Last year I bought a Stihl FS90R trimmer. I was talking with a local dealer a couple days ago about a Honda 21" commercial for $1250. Gotta make some money to invest in some quality equipment.
MFS - I intend to get set up with a website, but equipment is on the top of my needs list. Those are some great pics on your site. I need the equip and experience (clients) to make yards look like that.
Lawnbutch - I would love to see what your Snapper does. I've never worked a 32". I know I need a quality 21" for the residential I'm starting with.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Barefoot_JD Give me a call at 719-250-1389 and I can tell you more about the mower.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey you guys! Check out the Colorado Springs Thread and jump in! See ya there, Mike.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Denver Metro Area here. Looking to network. No this is not a singles ad. Just playing around anyone else having trouble competing with these knuckle heads on craigslist???
2007 F-150 Boss's ride

6x12 landscaping trailer with:
2 bluebird aerators
1 bluebird power rake
2 toro 22" walk behinds
1 worldlawn 28" walk behind
1 wright stander 48"
2 stihl trimmers
2 husqvarna backpack blowers

1400 sq ft garage with tons of other misc equipment

Oh and my typing sucks because of that chick in the blue jersey and white shorts whats that ad for?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I am moving to the Denver area with a promotion from my job. I used to run a big lawncare and landscaping company in the Kansas City area. My question is what kind of grass do you have out there? I have about 200lbs of turf fescue with some rye and if it will work I will bring it out ot overseed my yard with.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Any of you guys still in business? Hey newbie here in Boulder. Starting up this Spring 2012 in Boulder and looking for some contacts. ( mower shops ect. ) Any info would be great.