Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Do you ever use your skids as "nurse tanks"? Fill up the skids with solution at beginning of day (mixed as if you were going to use it in your pg) and then refil the pg out of the skid tanks? Wouldn't take too long to fill up an 8 gallon tank and might save a little mixing time. (Of course most time is spent waiting for a 200 gal tank to fill. 8 Gal would be under a minute off of most hose bibs around here.)
Absolutly. That is what I was talking about when I said the 50 gallon skid I use as a nurse tank for the PG covering the same area as my 200 gallon skid pulling the hose with chemlawn/teejet gun.

When I have a large job, like the one I did the other day, I will use the 200 gallon tank as a nurse tank.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Do you spray Pre-m or spread pre-m with your permagreen? I would think that gpa would be a little low and hard to get the the granuules to dilute into that little solution. (That is I assume you are using a wdg). Had to look up the zspray. That looks like the ticket. I may start to keep an eye open for one next year.
I use both spray-able and granular. I generally use the granular on fert in June.
I use Prodiamine liquid in spring and Simazine liquid in fall. You are right about it being thick but it sprays fine as long as you keep it mixed. Since my PG was down for most of the first round this year I used the WDG in my skid for price reasons. When the PG got fixed I bought some Pendulum 3.3 to mix in the 200 gallon skid for the large acreage areas and yes it does look like yellow spray paint coming out of the nozzles.

On pre emergents it matters more to me on the amount of water after the application. It does not matter if you are using granular, .5 gallon per K or 2-3 gallons per k. If it does not get watered in it is not going to work.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I use both spray-able and granular. I generally use the granular on fert in June.
I use Prodiamine liquid in spring and Simazine liquid in fall. You are right about it being thick but it sprays fine as long as you keep it mixed. Since my PG was down for most of the first round this year I used the WDG in my skid for price reasons. When the PG got fixed I bought some Pendulum 3.3 to mix in the 200 gallon skid for the large acreage areas and yes it does look like yellow spray paint coming out of the nozzles.

On pre emergents it matters more to me on the amount of water after the application. It does not matter if you are using granular, .5 gallon per K or 2-3 gallons per k. If it does not get watered in it is not going to work.
Preach it. Sound spraying doctrine! I like it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"Hill Country" Job

Dropped by the "Hill country" Job today to see it now that it's coming out. Still ready for the desert willows and threadleaf coreopsis' to come on out and bloom. Again, excited to see it later in the season.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more...
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What are the tall red plants in the pots? We saw 1000s of them planted on the PGB turnpike in Dallas and my mom was asking me what they were.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Common name is Red Yucca.
They are not really a Yucca and wont poke the crap out of you like a Yucca but they are great in the heat and can survive without much attention. I love planting them in places without water in the Fall because they establish quick and can then make it through our summers with just normal rainfall. I just wish the blooms wpuld last longer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad for 4:00 on a friday...

A little bed freshener we did for a customer in preparation for their weekend entertaining.... Azaleas were getting too much exposure towards the steps. Before & After...
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I might add, we don't maintain this customer's yard. yet... Another mow, blow and go in town does.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice sprayer!