Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETPRO View Post
I might add, we don't maintain this customer's yard. yet... Another mow, blow and go in town does.
or.. does not. LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What a day...

This wasn't fun... Never a good day when one has to work on a sprinkler leak while laying on your back underneath a sidewalk. Gotta say I was proud of my guys for working on this one. And to answer the questions, I too did get in the hole after trying to follow the explanation of what made up this nightmare. Reached a point, gotta see it for yourself. All 3 lines were broken. Hours later. Plumbed up, pressured up and covered up. A shower has never felt so good in my life. Second picture is of the finished work. Originally the 1" pipe was blocking us from working on the 1/2" pipe and was all contained in a pre-existing sleeve. They changed up the shape of the sidewalk and left this for us to find on our own.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

No sleeves huh? How far back are those elbows from the walk edge? And is that what broke? Bad glue fittings on elbows under a walkway?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No sleeves on this one. Elbows are approx 18" off of edge of walk. There was an existing sidewalk there, they rotated the direction it went by a few degrees and widened it. Was an existing sleeve, with 2 tees and a 90. 2 tees were broken from the skid steer they ran while grading for new concrete. We came in and moved 2 valves and fixed 3 pipe breaks while they were grading. We abandoned the un-necessary side of the tee and repaired with a 90. The problem I saw with repairing with a sleeve was there would still be just as much risk for a leak underneath the sidewalk with a 90 or a coupling and (one of which would be necessary) and much additional digging and labor would be required. If the fittings were any farther underneath the walk, I would of used a sleeve. Have a worse picture of a repair we are going to have to work on Monday. 2" cut mainline, needing additional sleeving material, and 22 cut wires right where they too enter the sleeve. Gonna be a fun next few weeks with repairs.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozell431 View Post
Nice sprayer!
Just going back though my thread this morning. You didn't happen to build my sprayer did you? Just now put 2 & 2 together.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A bit behind on posting pictures...

A bit behind on posting pictures. Here are some random ones from this past year.

pic 1&2: What can I say, no matter how many trucks and trailers you have sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do to get it done.
A couple of action shots of the sprayer doing work. A banner one of the local restaurants asked us if we would like to put up for free to just fill some space on their wall. MUCH THANKS!!!
And a light overhaul we installed. Few new fixtures and new bulbs in some of the good existing fixtures.

And a disappointing crape myrtle I purchased. And when i got to my destination and saw this, needless to say, the "30 gallon" crape myrtle that was approx a 5 gal B&B crape myrtle the day before went back to the nursery along with my "nun-too-pleased" monologue. Got my money back too. We also aren't buying crape myrtles there anymore.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2014, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That banner is AWESOME!!!!!! I want one. Has it landed you much work?

I'd never put plants in my cab, the thought of bugs on them and getting into my truck just creeps me out, especially down south with the poisonous ones. I'm thankful I have a long bed in situations like that!
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
22 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
That banner is AWESOME!!!!!! I want one. Has it landed you much work?

I'd never put plants in my cab, the thought of bugs on them and getting into my truck just creeps me out, especially down south with the poisonous ones. I'm thankful I have a long bed in situations like that!
Desperate times, desperate measures. Not about to let a little spider keep me away from a pay day. And I had the seats folded up and I have a big rubber cargo mat. Otherwise wouldn't of done it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can you ballpark what you pai on that banner? Thats one of my winter projects. Thinking i can throw it on the fence while I'm working on a job and take it with me after. Use it at shows etc too. You can pm if you want
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Can you ballpark what you pai on that banner? Thats one of my winter projects. Thinking i can throw it on the fence while I'm working on a job and take it with me after. Use it at shows etc too. You can pm if you want
Posted via Mobile Device
Been a while since we made them, but I want to say they ran us $75 ea. We had two made. Don't know how they fair in the sun. Both have been hanging inside at different locations.