Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-28-2014, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETPRO View Post
Yes, new jobs certainly make my heart happy... Renos make for some awesome before and after pictures, and can be great when nothing goes wrong. But dang, you just never know what you'll find while your digging up the old.

That is very true. We did that this fall, breaking through frozen solid ground during removal with a skid, to then discover a very shallow irrigation line (broke it). Then multiple cable lines that were burried just underneath the existing poly under the rock! It should be at least a foot deep!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This summer i pulled up a concrete patio that had chain link fence and iron railings as reinforcement. That wasnt enough so there was another brick patio under that. And a water heater. And 3 tires. And a drywell that my skid steer fell in

Oh well, gives you something to laugh about
Old 01-29-2014, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
This summer i pulled up a concrete patio that had chain link fence and iron railings as reinforcement. That wasnt enough so there was another brick patio under that. And a water heater. And 3 tires. And a drywell that my skid steer fell in

LOL Wow. Don't know if I have ever had a surprise quite this big...
Old 01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post

OMG that's insane. I'd have to throw my arms up at that one and say "anything else?"
Old 02-06-2014, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some upcoming work & Mulch Bucket

Mulch bucket for the 750. 10 cu ft per heaped scoop. Can really move the mulch and compost fast with this thing. Didn't think I could find a mini skid (and bucket) to move that much material per scoop. Haven't used anything heavy in it yet to see what the 750 can take, but it picks up full loads no sweat and stays very well balanced, even with the compost.

Next is a picture of an upcoming project we have at a local church. It is a children's & worship facility that we will be landscaping & extending existing irrigation system. Worked almost a day over there this week getting this hillside slicked up, seeded and matted. Will probably be hydromulched when it's warmer, but GC wanted something on the hill pronto before rain this past weekend. Seeded with Perennial rye for right now. Might also add, we had to put this together on short notice from GC, otherwise I would of had my hydro guy scheduled to do the perennial with unhulled bermuda.

Don't know if have put one on before, but next one is of our weatherproof decal we put on our controllers we install.

Last one is the gate into the "Hill Country" Home that we landscaped around this time last year. We will be landscaping the entry very soon and probably landscaping around pool once it is put in. You can also see one or two of them, but we installed 10-12 live oaks this winter going up the driveway. Starting to look like a finished estate.

Am talking with a homeowner this year about their new home's landscape and am getting very excited about it. Unlike what most people want in our area. Loving residential customers like this. I like the challenges.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2014, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quit Guessing...

Picked up a transit the other day. Tired of doing the "hose test" on drain projects and having to be creative with string lines and hanging torpedo levels... Long overdue.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnsite buddy this afternoon...

Here's my lawnsite buddy for this afternoon. He wasn't impressed.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2014, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETPRO View Post
Here's my lawnsite buddy for this afternoon. He wasn't impressed.
Lol, he's a handsome fella. It won't be long and he will watch equipment videos on YouTube all day long if you let him like my 3 year old boy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Lol, he's a handsome fella. It won't be long and he will watch equipment videos on YouTube all day long if you let him like my 3 year old boy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I've probably already started something with the equipment videos then... They sometimes do the trick when he's pitching fits. Sometimes. There has to be a lot of movement for him to like it though.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

congrats on the lil big man and the new machine. We're starting to look at buying one how do you like it so far ?