Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2003, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

CLIP vs Grndskpr ?

One of my goals for this year is to get some business software. I was wondering what others use and why. I have gotten the freebie demos of Clip and GRNDSKPR and right now I am leaning towards the latter. Thanks, Dave
Old 01-16-2003, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Member

David--

I hear Clip is having a lot of problems with their software. Crashes. Not supporting users. Requiring annual tech. support contracts to trouble-shoot their defective products. Etc.

Don't forget to add Gopher 2002 to your software review list. We work with them. They're a great bunch of guys and have a solid piece of software.

http://www.gophersoftware.com
Old 01-16-2003, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

TurfMarketing,

Thanks I'll check them out also. Like I said I got demos of the other 2. I have not been too happy with Clip, I realize they can't make a demo fully functional but it is kind of hard to figure some the stuff out. Where as the GRNDSKPR PRO seems pretty simple and they do a great job of explaining. I have no accounting software so I'm not tied to quickbooks or something. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old 01-16-2003, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just purchased Groundskeeper last week and couldnt be happier. Very simple to use program, professional looking invoices and great customer support. I emailed them about a question and had a response within hours. Im very happy with my decision.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

LawnMonkey is a winner as well. Very easy to use, professional program. They have free demo, that you can have explained to you as they walk you through it over the phone. Also, you have direct access to them via this site: they have their own forum and are very punctual in indepth in their responses.

Do a search on Clip: there was recently a long thread on their pros and cons.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

does Groundskeeper route? Does it have the ability to estimate? Can you import from Quickbooks etc. Is there a web site link for the program, I'll check it out.

I have used CLIP for over 12 years and I am about to up-grade to a larger progam. I have been satisfied with CLIP but I always like to know what's out there. How does the pricing compare????
Old 01-16-2003, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes GroundsKeeperPro routes thier website is www.adkad.com. I don't know about linking to quickbooks. So far I like the look of it.Dave
Old 01-16-2003, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I almost forgot it does estimates also the price is $348 or so but don't quote me on that.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Ive been using Clip lite 80 for the last two seasons . It has been fine for me up untill now,but now I need a program that will hold more than 80 clients. Kinda pissed when I had to pay $50 just to change ph# in program. Well I called clip to see what it would cost me to upgrade and the clip classic that holds like 10,000 clients is $1,200. minus the $500 for what ive got means Im looking at $700. plus tax. My jaw bout hit the floor, but looking at Groundskeeper pro it will do everything Ill ever need. for about $349.
Why are all these other software companies so expensive?
Plus groundskeeper looks alot easier than clip to use Our first season with clip was a nightmare.

Steve, Heavenly Greenscapes LLC
Old 01-17-2003, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't demo a lot of software when I decided on QXpress from Alocet.

There were some questions that I had and this program answered them for me.

1. Customer support.
To me, this is the most important thing with software. Also this is where Alocet stands above the rest. They go all out in helping you find solutions to your problems. Alocet is TOPS in customer support!!!!!

2. Ease of use..
Qxpresss is very easy to use, within a short amount of time after receiving the program, I was scheduling jobs, contract payments,etc, for the whole season. At the end of day, a couple clicks and jobs are marked done, postponed, or cancelled. At the end of billing period, a few clicks and all invoices are generated and sent to quickbooks. You can get a module to use a palm pilot or other PDA.

This program is worth a demo also.. It has been a real timesaver for me. I would recommend it to anyone.

www.alocet.com