Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem performing back ups of my PC data and all data should be backed up.

The upside to subscriptions is often lower initial cost and no updates or updates required.

This concept works well with design software like raincad.... you would often buy a new or upgrade every 3 to 5 years. With the subscription you alsways have the latest data base of irrigation parts used in the design.

I subscribe to the on-line billing and merchant services through Quickbooks but I am seriously considering dropping it as I have to consider cutting cost. I can still e-mail invoices through QB but the clients would have to mail me a check or they could use quick pay through chase. This would likely save me 100 a month for the few residential clients that I have. My commecial customers use EFT and checks.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I have no problem performing back ups of my PC data and all data should be backed up.

The upside to subscriptions is often lower initial cost and no updates or updates required.

This concept works well with design software like raincad.... you would often buy a new or upgrade every 3 to 5 years. With the subscription you alsways have the latest data base of irrigation parts used in the design.

I subscribe to the on-line billing and merchant services through Quickbooks but I am seriously considering dropping it as I have to consider cutting cost. I can still e-mail invoices through QB but the clients would have to mail me a check or they could use quick pay through chase. This would likely save me 100 a month for the few residential clients that I have. My commecial customers use EFT and checks.
no updates???

what software are you using. lawnaid is constantly updating and improving there software.

in fact no software comes out 100% perfect from day one.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
no updates???

what software are you using. lawnaid is constantly updating and improving there software.

The second update should read up grade. My intended statement is you do not need to buy a new version of software when you subscribe..... The long term cost is about the same in the two models.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Lawns Inc. View Post
You might also try http://www.qxpress.com/
I wouldn't recommend it, they have been going downhill the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy-phil View Post
Do any of these programs let you factor weather? Ex: I could not mowing at house 123 main st. at it's usual date, due to rain and re-schedule it for the next opening/day.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I have been using Jobber Software this season and I absolutely love it! It has everything that you guys have mentioned on this thread and much more! It has to be the most powerful billing and scheduling software out there and yet it is also the easiest online software I have ever used. You can't usually say powerful and easy in the same sentence when talking about software but with Jobber you can! The base price is $29.00 per month and you get alot for that money! Then you can purchase add-ons that cost anwhere from free to $5 per month. I can tell you that I am paying $34.00 per month! That's the cost of ONE mowing service for your smallest property you manage! That includes all my add-ons! Jobber integrates with both quickbooks online and desktop for free. There is a Chemical tracking add-on that will allow you to track fertilizer apps for your records. In regards to the weather rescheduling, in Jobber, you can easily reschedule jobs and you can add a note in the notes section for each visit. Plus, since Jobber is mobile friendly, you can do everything from your smartphone or tablet.

They are adding new features and improvements on almost a daily basis. This isn't some guy making a software system in his basement during weeknights. They are constantly working on it! Their support is great, you can call them up and they'll chat with you until the issue is fixed.

Jobber has a free trial, that doesn't require a credit card. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!
You sound like an infomercial. Or a rep.

But I will still check it out, I am looking for something other than QX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
No, it isn't just you Dave. I understand their reasoning, it's another revenue stream because they don't sell as many packages as something like QB. But it really sucks. And the way QX is setup, it's basically extortion. I don't like monthly or annual reoccurring charges. I like QB, upgrade at your choice whenever you want. Or don't.

I'll check out a few of the suggested programs.

With regards to the net based programs and backing up data, that's a piss poor reason. You should be backing everything up anyways, regularly.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
no updates???

Does Lawnaid sync with Quickbooks?

Dave...
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Service Autopilot. New update coming out in less than a month and it will kill everything else including jobber...

Scheduling, invoicing, charging cards, and closing out day with statistically data for each property can be done in less than 10 min for everything, assuming you are using up to date technology.

Picture Perfect Landscapes
http://www.pictureperfectlandscapes.com
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
The second update should read up grade. My intended statement is you do not need to buy a new version of software when you subscribe..... The long term cost is about the same in the two models.
I've never come across having to buy a new version of lawn software when they upgrade.

before lawnaid I used lawn pro made by the same people. updates where free. the only one that wasn't was when it went from lawn pro 3 to lawn pro 4 and that was a major overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
Does Lawnaid sync with Quickbooks?

Dave...
not that I'm aware of but I believe they are working on that.

with lawnaid you really don't need quickbooks.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm so excited for S.A. new release....can't wait for a mobile app we can install and then sync whenever we have a good data connection....should be awesome next year!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Gopher software works great for me.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I have it pretty much to Real Green, hindsite, S A or Desco.

Sounds like S A has a great program but hard to get particulars from the website. Not sure I like buying a product and having my client info on a cloud hosted by a direct competitor 30 miles away.

Desco has the advantage with GPS truck mounted systems. The guys do not have to clock in or out because the Geo Fence does it. Other benifits is fuel tracking, fuelman card linked to trucks and such. Weakness seems to be the squirt and fert is not there like it is on SA.

Still reading and will likely make a move in a few weeks.