Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello from the North Coast

Hello everyone! We're new to the site, been doing the lawn care thing since, well, I don't remember....got into things full time about three years back. Have since expanded into foreclosures and property management, and that's been okay so far. From what I've read here it all depends on the company you contract for, and we've been lucky because they seem to be a good bunch of guys. We'll run right around 28-36 accounts, depending on who's out of town, what season it is or what have you. Our equipment is a nice blend of new and shiny and old and busted. When it comes to things like 2-cycle engines and computers we tend to lean more towards buying new stuff. Machines with 4 stroke engines and things with 8 cylinders I can usually nurse along and get them to do what I need them to, and so with those secondhand things I have what I call a "working relationship". So that's about it. We're a husband and wife team and we work pretty well together (she's pretty and I'm smart.....wait...I worded that wrong - she's pretty AND smart...there I fixed it), been doin' this for a long time. So I'm here to take advice and, if possible, lay down some of our own experiences if it's deemed helpful, and probably get a good laugh and maybe fire somebody up, too. Guess that's it - Good Luck and God Bless! http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/hi.gif