Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2000, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I think mowers and the other equipment depends on the luck of people and the way they are.I am trying to say is that you guys say that one mower is better than the other <br>well I don`t think so.It is your personality`s all of you are different and some of you are gentle and some not so gentle some are in between that is where the mowers meet the best mower you want is what you like not saying what is better actually means a mower is better for some people a mower is better for themselves that is about it.
Old 07-06-2000, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that's one heck of a sentence! What I got from it some of what you said is true, but that's why we come here to hear everyone else's opinion and then put it into perspective when you're looking to buy. Heck, I like Scag, but had this place been around when I got started...who knows...I might even own a DixieChopper. (Just kidding DC users!<p>Welcome aboard, RollerGB.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Scraper
Old 07-06-2000, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Member

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!<br>So equipment simply is BETTER than other.<br>Better parts, designs, thicker steel, etc.<br>A RED MAX trimmer is better than a Ryobi trimmer.<br>Ryobi may last a while, and run good, but it will not outlast a redmax. Physics of the material(and lack of) which comprise it's being simply are not as good.<br>It's like saying pine is just as good as hickory . It is not. Everyone has opinions about mowers, and the top models, true it may be personal prefernce, because they are all good. Pine is a good wood, and has many uses, but in 300 years the oak tables will still be around.
Old 07-06-2000, 07:35 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

RollerGoalieBoy: Some mowers are better than others is a very true statement. They all cut grass, but some cut grass for years, not months like some. Some use cast iron spindle housings that are greaseable, several companies are using aluminum spindle housings with sealed bearings. They will all spin the blades, but which one do you think will last the longest? When youíre mowing several acres a day, you want a mower that will be dependable and productive. The same goes for motors, some have a 1-year warranty and the new Kohler Aegis 23 HP water-cooled engine has a 3-year warranty. I think you need to rethink your statement that one mower isn't better than another. I'll take the mower made of OAK over Balsa wood any day. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 07-06-2000, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Grasscape redmax is better than ryobi that is probably true but you are putting commercial trimmer (redmax) agsinst residential trimmer(ryobi).That is not what I am talking about one commercial grade equip vs another commercial grade equip is what it should be.Not res vs comrcl.Some commercial mowers are alomost the same. I am talking about that some say is better and not always true.
Old 07-06-2000, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Ah, I see. Overall, yes, most of the top line commercial mowers are pretty equall overall. Some cut better, some bag better, some have better frames, spindles, decks, hydro systems etc. It depends on what you want.
Old 07-06-2000, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know that you don't really think that if you run a Walker into a pipe and a Chopper into a pipe that one will win over the other. Commercial mowers are made to withstand multiple hours of everyday use for a period of time. They are not tanks and NO machine will tolerate a continued history of abuse. <br>Residential mowers are made for dad who mows 2 hours a week. It will probably last him 5 to 10 years if he takes care of it - same goes for commercial mowers but they mow for 20 to 50 hours a week and can last the same if you take care of it. Questions - Ask Eric ELM.
Old 07-07-2000, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Member

The reason opinions(on equipment) are important, is so that when we go looking, we get an idea of what equipment will fit our needs. Naturally, some are biosed, but that's to be expected. I want to hear WHY they're biosed. It may influence me to DEMO other types. Bill