Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-01-2000, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

i read my email once every month or so! LOL<br>i have no friends that email me or flaimly<br>so i dont bother with it<br>buy the way i said&quot; buyer beware&quot; the the turth isnt it! they dont have to buy it if they dont want too. i dont twist there arm.<br>i buy GOOD CHEAP lawn mowers (21&quot's<br>i beat on them but i keep them oiled and greased and CLEAN!!!!! the just really work hard for me thats all! some of my lawns take 1hr and a half . whatever works , works ya know? i use them and lose them be fore i got to spend any $ on them i usllay dont lose any money. but once in a while ill lose 10.00<br>or 20.00 LOL!<p>well i looked at those swivel mowers today more closey. they move great! but im still<br>worried about how they got that clamping device to make them go straight! looks as if it might break easyly?but i take care of my<br>mowers they r my money makers so i treat them with care! but they do take a lickin some days when it gets hot out! 90 today!<br>glad im done for today! early well its fun to come here and read and chat! i learn and <br>find intresting things to read and some things are better left unsaid! dont judge me!<br>im happy r u! ~mark~ god bless
Old 07-01-2000, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toroguy<br>The dealer at Home Depot told me that Scott's 21&quot; mowers are also made by John Deere except the one with caster on the front. He said it was made by Ariens. Don't know if it's true but he was not the &quot; normal salesman&quot; , he was very knowledgeable about mowers in general. <br>and Lawnranger if you do decide on a swivel mower you better believe that they are a little difficult to get used to. You will have one hell of a time trying to mow a straight line over 60 feet long but the casters work well in tight situations. I'm still going to return mine, but you should try one and decide for yourself.<p>SSouth
Old 07-01-2000, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawnranger..... how old are the lawnboys you are currently using.... cant amagine the new ones would hold up to everyday use.
Old 07-01-2000, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

i use a 91 lb<br>4 hp comm. one speed! got it for FREE!<br>this lady was giving it away b/c she couldnt get it started! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL<p>changed the plug and gas! and one pull! POW!<br>it starts with one pull every time! for free!<br>i made thousands from that mower !<p>im thinking about a craftmans i saw one i a garage sale for 30.00$ i might go back and afford 20.00 .<p>iam having second thoughts about the caster wheels just b/c of the money!<p>but if i could find a cheap one online some where?<br>
Old 07-02-2000, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

youll be lucky if that craftsman lasts you a week.... since you dont have the expence of a commercial mower the least you should do is get a new commecial quality 21incher.
Old 07-02-2000, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honda make an excellent 21&quot; mower.<p>Karl<br>
Old 07-02-2000, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

you tell him Karl!! I think its pretty funny when you said I have some 1.5 hour lawns, and you seemed to be boasting!! I think that needs to be turned upside down. I think you have 30 minute lawns that take you an hour and a half!! I'll be totally honest with you , I think your FOS. If you were making thousands as you say so much, You would buy a new mower. Have fun though, and leave god out of this when your stealing lawn boys from old ladys instead of helping her fix it, and then selling your junks for the same you bought them for. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same, but I wouldn't put Gods name in the same paragaraph as any scheme of mine!!<p> I'm happy, but I think your faking it!!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 07-02-2000, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well put Guido.
Old 07-06-2000, 09:01 PM

At Alamia.com you can buy the swivel casters for a snapper for $90 additional.<p>Not too shabby
Old 07-06-2000, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

1.5 hours on one job with a 21&quot;er and you say that you make thousands. Yeah right, I don't usually get into this kind of conversation but please, you are insulting all of us who bust our butt everyday to make a living. We use good quality commercial equipmentnot because it looks good but because it is the ONLY way tosuceed in this business. OH by the way the little old lady that you ripped of was probably someones grandmother and if she were mine then we would have to talk. What a jerk. <p><p><font size="1">Edited by: MLS