Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Online Scheduling Services

Doe anyone use an online scheduling service? (such as appointment plus) I am looking to have clients use it to schedule thier winterizations or repairs for sprinklers as an option. Does anyone use such a service and if so what kind? I am also offering $5.00 off if scheduling online and paying at the time of scheduling. I have contacted one service that said as the requests come in they can be pregrouped into area codes to keep the route and date/schedule tight.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me more. I would like to be on the phone less, and online scheduling would be nice. Currently, my effing QXpress has crashed and is not working. I had been thinking about Hindsite for the last year or two and it might be time to change.

Do you mean zip codes instead of area codes? What kind of cost is the Appointment Plus?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

We have used www.clickbook.net since 2009, its free for two users & works great. It brings in high end clients for us, they prefer being able to book online vs calling someone. I like the fact that it sends a reminder email 24hours before the appointment to remind the customer of the appointment, & can even send a text. You can customize it to fit your needs, & with being free for two users you just cant beat it.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So after making my post above about QXpress crashing, I received both a phone call and email from QX support. There was an issue with a windows update that caused the problem. They emailed me instructions to fix and all is now resolved.

So, to the QX "stalker" that saw my post, and made it a point for support to call me, thank you very much. I appreciate the assistance.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
So after making my post above about QXpress crashing, I received both a phone call and email from QX support. There was an issue with a windows update that caused the problem. They emailed me instructions to fix and all is now resolved.

So, to the QX "stalker" that saw my post, and made it a point for support to call me, thank you very much. I appreciate the assistance.
I do not know what to think about those folks but glad you got some support.
I think they have a good product, layout and such but very soon they will be yester year.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dana Mac,

We us hindsite and really like it alot. They are supposedly working on more reports. I am interested in a report that can be generated each day for gross revenue. Hopefully it happens. On the orginal question of online scheduling I thought I would have recived more response. I am set up to begin a trial on friday or monday. Yes, I would like to group respondents to zip codes so a example may be. There is a town 30 miles from the shop so I leave thrusdays and fridays for that general area so when a potential client logs on and view available days they have to chose one or the other. This way it keeps the route tight and I am not haveing the tech drive all over.

Thanks carolina I will take a look at that site.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Hindsite for years (Since 07) and was most pleased in the beginning. Seems like they have lost some of their more experienced tech guys and are less about client support. Don't get me wrong we have no intentions of leaving at this point but their support is not near the level it used to be.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ics,
I agree I think they are going through growing pains. However, their worst service doesnt compare to qxpress best service that is why I left qxpress
Old 09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If we did not have Hindsite I would have to cut the service department in half. I could not see is being possible to manage and schedule without HS or a program equal to it.

Most of the problems with HS were on my end or my settings. Once I spent the time to learn how to really use it and trained the service techs HS is one thing we would be lost without.

The other thing I recommend is to use wireless devices that can sync all day. Samsung Tablets work great, but any laptop with Verizon "MiFi" solved some of the issues we had. Again, these were us screwing it up! LOL
Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My issues were the HS tech support creating were more issues due to their lack of seeing the entire picture. For example if you have your service tech go and replace a head and that's all they did, so they didn't bother running the system to confirm it was the actual broken head in issue or to run afterwards to confirm that it was adjusted properly and that there were no other issues. Just has been frustrating at times and since we have been with them for so long I seem to more then most of their level 1 support. They have cost me a few grand in the past couple of years but they have saved me a lot more.
Posted via Mobile Device