LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciajj612 View Post
What software do you use?
Posted via Mobile Device
serviceautopilot
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

What all do you like about it? Do you use quickbooks? How do your employees get their work that's assigned to them
Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciajj612 View Post
What software do you use?
Posted via Mobile Device
serviceautopilot
What all do you like about it? Do you use quickbooks? How do your employees get their work that's assigned to them
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

SAP does 80% of what it takes to run a large landscape company. For a small company it more than covers your needs.

Schedules are created and they have a Mobil site which is accessible from an iPad or iPhone

Best thing to do is go watch videos from their site, an see if it works for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
SAP does 80% of what it takes to run a large landscape company. For a small company it more than covers your needs.

Schedules are created and they have a Mobil site which is accessible from an iPad or iPhone

Best thing to do is go watch videos from their site, an see if it works for you
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Sounds like a blast. Idk if I could get into it but I'd like to try it at least once.
That's my plan. Everything is on me and decided by me which is what I love about being an owner.

I have one client that I've done a few small installs for who lives down the street, he is my neighbor across the street from me and I have started calling him captain bullsh!t, just goes on and on and on about crap that he's making up as he goes and talks to me about how I need to save every receipt because it's a "write off" and it goes as far as he installed "11 deer stands in 3 counties over the past weekend" near his cabin. When he tells me the business related stuff I just stand there and think very sarcastically "thanks dude, as if I didn't know that already". It's usually in the evening when I talk to him and he's home from work at 3 or so and gets right into the beers and hangs out in his garage & yard and smokes cigs and drinks beers until 8 or 9 and then goes to bed and does it all over the next day. Drives me nuts when I get stuck talking to him.
It truly is a blast! One squeeze of the trigger and all your stress is gone. Trust me.

And "write offs" just come straight from profit made in the company. You will only get a certain percentage back when it comes to tax time.

And to those of you discussing software, Use what is best for you. Quickbooks has worked just fine for me and Excel has worked just fine for scheduling. Keep it all low budget! Less overhead expenses means more in your pocket which means you can pay bills and expenses in the off season.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQL10 View Post
It truly is a blast! One squeeze of the trigger and all your stress is gone. Trust me.

And "write offs" just come straight from profit made in the company. You will only get a certain percentage back when it comes to tax time.

And to those of you discussing software, Use what is best for you. Quickbooks has worked just fine for me and Excel has worked just fine for scheduling. Keep it all low budget! Less overhead expenses means more in your pocket which means you can pay bills and expenses in the off season.
You don't necessarily "get it back", its mainly less that you'd have to pay in on your federal income taxes. You know all about it as your a business owner, my client....doesn't. Hes a corrections officer or something.

I wanna try trap shooting now, then head to the bar after or something, itd be a relaxing Saturday.

I as well use Quickbooks, and excel for scheduling, granted I'm a smaller business but it works great.
Posted via Mobile Device