Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

also, this thing gets fire hot after turing the key 10 or 20 times.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
This thing is what is clicking when i turn the key. However, when i move the arms in and then out, this same thing clicks. I guess its some sort of saftey switch. Im getting aggrivated with this crap. I hate taking something to the shop and it be a simple fix that i could have done. I really dont want to spend the money on replacing all kinds of stuff til i hit the nail on the head.

That's just a solenoid for the carburetor.. Its supost to click that means it's opening ..
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Ok so maybe it isnt the solenoid. They gave me the wrong one the first time. I went and got the right one and put it on how is supposed to be. The hrs and everything shows up on the readout but when i get on the mower to start it, i have the same issue as before. Just a click. You can jump the posts on the soleniod and the engine will turn over like it is brand new. I need some HELPPPPPPPP. LOL. Thanks in advance
Hey check all of the safety switches.. 1 for the seat, the 2 for the sticks.. take a test light and make sure your're getting 12v through the switches...
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I checked my ground connections, positive connections that i could see near the solenoid and starter, wiggled wires, with no luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried getting to the one under the seat. Is there a way to let the seat up without unbolting it. When i sit on the mower. Well I'll take a pic right quick and show you what i see
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

when i have everything how it supposed to be you see the markings on the readout. Im not sure if the older mowers have this or not. When im not on the seat the seat symbol is missing, levers same thing.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
when i have everything how it supposed to be you see the markings on the readout. Im not sure if the older mowers have this or not. When im not on the seat the seat symbol is missing, levers same thing.
Ok... You got the newer style like me.. So all of the safety switches are good.. That's why they put those there to eliminating all the guess work out of the switches... Did you check the plug to your key switch? If it cranks when you jump the solenoid, it's either the key switch or another solenoid...
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I haven't checked behind the key switch. I can try to figure out how to get behind it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I haven't checked behind the key switch. I can try to figure out how to get behind it.
Posted via Mobile Device
There should be a couple of bolts on top of the dashboard. Take them off and lift it up enough to check the wires.. If it starts when you jump across the solenoid like i said it has to be either the key switch itself, a solenoid or a broken wire between the key switch and solenoid... Get yourself a test light and start tracking the wires between the key switch and solenoid....
Old 09-09-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Well i just screwed up. Went to pull the wiring harness off and the while freaking key assembly came apart. Couple of silver balls, couple of springs, and two copper pieces. Oooooops. Guess ill get a new key switch anyway
Posted via Mobile Device