Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the company can go on auto pilot after a few years of advertising alot. and of acquiring enough accounts to make what you want per month, but it is very hard to find someone to do the same quality job that you once did for that customer, and you are now paying two people to do lawns or whatever vs. have just 1 person to work with you and you are on every job to make sure the quality is there. plus lets say you make 4000 one week you only have to pay 1 guy 400 or whatever. i can't say for certain what i will have earned this year. june i was close to clearing 18,000 alone, that was with chipping jobs, stump grinding, landscape installs, and a day a week of mowing. then it was all down hill from there, hopefully september and october are close to 5 figures again, but time will tell. i'm only 24 so you can do well if you work hard and do good work. also this is only my 2nd year in business.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQL10 View Post
True, but if you still arent checking up on crews doing lawn maintenance, or the hardscaping projects, things could get pretty sour. Just coming from personal experience.
exactly. you can't just let someone do it and not follow up on stuff. i do all the scheduling, invoicing, estimates, and take care of any complaints. I call customers once a month to make sure they are happy with everything.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire3416 View Post
Damn $200k is what you earn yourself after expenses and all? How many accounts do you have? Are they full maintenance contracts? Do you do mainly hardscaping? That's pretty damn good
about 200 weekly lawn accounts. about 250-300 weed control customers. a lot of odd jobs (landscape, cleanups, etc.) per week. have 5 really big commercial accounts. I have 4 guys that make a bout $500/week. keep in mind though I've been at this for 15 years. and wasn't until the last few years that it's been running perfect and efficiently. I almost wrecked my marriage by trying to do everything myself and let the business run me.

I had projected making $200k this year after expenses (before taxes) but another dry year has me about $18,000 up from last year when had projected $25,000. But hey I also added on my brother in law on salary to run the crew and I haven't hardly have to go out and break my back this year at all so I'll take it.