Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Accelerator Grass catcher

Well i know there are a ton of these threads on here about these grass catchers but here is mine.. Just got it last month as i'm getting ready for fall time and thought well i'll try it out today while mowing and see how it does.. With sharp high lift notched blades it was awesome.. Easy on easy off and filled the entire grass catcher like so many said it would. I did however read some threads saying theres did not fill all the way up but i did not have that problem. I bought this to replace a riding mower that had a 3 bin bagger system on it that i only used during fall after i had mulched the leaves with the Zero turn. All in all i guess i'm really satisfied with the purchase instead of buying the Ultra vac for my mower. Because of my OCDC i can now go from side discharge to mulch or bag within seconds and i feel the Ultra Vac would have cost me alot more time and money considering i only bag leaves and not the lawns. Totaly satisfied...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  60.3 KB
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I almost forgot i did get the jumbo leaf extender and will try it out tomorow on a larger lawn. With both of these together it actually holds a little bit more than the Ultra Vac as well..
Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use one with my 48 WB. Super happy as well. And I hope to get the extender before this fall. Are you sure it has a higher capacity then a 3 bag ultra vac?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I use one with my 48 WB. Super happy as well. And I hope to get the extender before this fall. Are you sure it has a higher capacity then a 3 bag ultra vac?
Not a 3 bin but slightly more than a 2 bin which is the one for a 48" Next Lazer which i have.. A 2 bin is all you can get for a 48". That is with the Jumbo catcher + Jumbo extender..
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Been thinking about getting one for my Tiger Cub for wet grass here. Toward the end of the season the grass never dries out. Been trying to find a thread to see how they do in wet conditions. Would love to see one in action but nobody up here has one.

1997 Ford F-250/w Western Wide Out
1995 Dodge Ram 2500/w Western 7'6" Pro Plus
1986 Ford F-250/w Western 2.5 yd Tornado
Fisher Tailgate Sander
2005 Ford F-150
1997 Ford Ranger
Scag Tiger Cub
Husqvarna RZ5424
Husqvarna YTH2148
Husqvarna YTH21K46
Honda HRX217HXA
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
Been thinking about getting one for my Tiger Cub for wet grass here. Toward the end of the season the grass never dries out. Been trying to find a thread to see how they do in wet conditions. Would love to see one in action but nobody up here has one.
It's funny you ask, because when we got the left overs from the hurricane this stuff has been growing like crazy, almost like srping time. I mowed a 7 day lawn which it's one that grow extremely well without the rain but was tall and wet... No problem... Packed top to bottom/ front to back..
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver122876 View Post
I bought this to replace a riding mower that had a 3 bin bagger

I guess this is why I thought you were comparing it to the 3 bag. As for bagging wet grass goes as long as I use high lift blades it will back it full 90% of the time.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've had mine for about 8 years. The help has been pretty hard on it. I have rebuilt it at least 3 times. It has several patches on it with nuts, bolts and body washers. It still works like new. Just to let you know.. the extender will work with grass. Be sure to mt it often. I suggest don't let it get all the way full unless you have a weight lifting belt on. Something on you could break. If you find it not picking up wet grass, slow down a bit and or make half passes.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought one this summer. Will never go back to steel catcher again! SO worth the money
Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Sponsor

Weaver,
Thank you for the nice comments about our product. It is very gratifying that people like our catcher, it makes me feel like we have done something useful at our company! We try to improve the catcher every year just a little bit, and keep the price as reasonable as possible (our last increase was in 2009). The catchers we are making now fit better, and are more durable. The biggest recent change has been to go to a solid bottom from a perf bottom (no net weight change). With even a modest amount of care, the catcher should now last the for life of the mower. No planned obsolescence!

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410