Register free!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm ducking under my desk as I type
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
Unless i am just not seeing the pic clearly, we don't use what Jim has pictured under any kind of stone or block we lay on the ground. It looks like filter fabric that we buy. My apologies if it's not filter fabric. We use something like this http://www.concretesolutionsonline.c...afi_fabric.htm Mirafi 500X,
Steve
Yes you are correct about the pic, it might just be the pic but the material for under pavers for support is more of an plastic material not cloth.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztlanLC View Post
DVD? no wonder he hasn't reply
Yea, I call him that on purpose. I wont explain, no need to veer this thread off topic.

I apologize to every one commenting on this thread, I just really want people to get the correct information, weather it be on this topic or any other posted on this forum.

Also I hereby demote DVS's self proclaimed "god of hardscaping" status of LawnSite to "lawn jockey" for what has transpired here.

Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

Check out what I do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatNinja2124

The company I work for.
http://www.interstatelandscapenh.com/

Follow me on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/TheDirtNinja
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What don't some of the people here understand? If you look in the original pic posted by Lewis you can clearly see that there are no spikes installed in the snap edge. The product is designed to be used without spikes. The "grid" is already attached to the snap edge when you get it. The weight of the pavers on the grid keeps the snap edge in place. YOU MUST INSTALL THIS PRODUCT BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE PAVERS. There is no other way to do it.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

of course there is another way to do it DVD almighty just haven't got time to explain it

There is another product made by permaloc that you can attach the grid after installing the pavers which I think is a better solution, the reason they started developing this form of installation is due to the fact that permeable pavers are installed on free draining stone which is very loose material, spikes don't stay in place very well in this type o base.
http://www.permaloc.com/applications/permeable.html
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
of course there is another way to do it DVD almighty just haven't got time to explain it

There is another product made by permaloc that you can attach the grid after installing the pavers which I think is a better solution, the reason they started developing this form of installation is due to the fact that permeable pavers are installed on free draining stone which is very loose material, spikes don't stay in place very well in this type o base.
http://www.permaloc.com/applications/permeable.html
As much as this may appear like a solution to attaching the edge restraint after it is not!

In their example they have the type 8 aggregate (loose material) up against the edge restraint, the only way to successfully do that is to screed after the edger is in. If you screed first and the try and scrape it away like you typically do with sand it would just cave in causing your outside course of pavers to settle funny.

edit. there are their instructions, install edger...then screed!
http://www.permaloc.com/installation...rminstall.html

Last edited by Gilmore.Landscaping; 09-13-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: install link
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of the stone will migrate out but not enough to make the pavers cave in, and after compaction all will be just fine maybe one or two pavers here and there will need to be fixed but nothing major, I know this because we do it all the time and specially if you use the right type of stone.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Where is the "Like" button?!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

The fabric show is non-woven fabric, or filter fabric.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

You sure got that right buddy! Those here that have kids know this all to well.

We're busier than ever before in all my 22 yrs in business. And we pull out fri nights racing in 4 states and return Sunday nights.

As you said "explain". There is a profound difference between explaining verses proving.

I, over the years, on my own free will have offered more advice, experience and knowledge than anyone participating in this thread, via online posts and threads, private messaging, e-mail, as well as via telephone. I'm quick to recognize a conversation turning tick for tac, and my posting history here shows that I have plenty to share but I draw the line when it comes to proving myself to others.

I was having a conversation with a customer about a month ago. She said "women become more reasonable with age, and men learn when an where to draw the line as they age". I never thought about that before but I believe she was 100% correct.

Winter is on the horizon, perhaps I'll
Have time one day to not only clean out my truck but hopefully chime in and help if I see this topic.
Posted via Mobile Device