Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-17-2000, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking about what to do better or what to do next year. I think I'll raise my minimum from $7.50 to $10.00, yes, I will trim every week Guido, and I will probably aerate and dethatch. I also still have leaves to do and don't have a backpack blower yet. Things could get messy if I don't get one. What are you guys thinking about doing for next year?

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 08-17-2000, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

next year I hope to be even more prosperous than this year. which I couldn't do charging a $10 minimum.

live long and prosper (\\//).

GEO
Old 08-17-2000, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, you're listed as a SENIOR MEMBER?

Please, $10.00 minimum is an insult.

A $25 - $35 minimum is standard. No lawn should ever be done less than $20.

You do yourself, this industry and this forum a disservice.
Old 08-17-2000, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

THIS JOKE NEVER ENDS!!!

SCAG48 ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?????

This is a joke right?? Maybe the dude that wants to be on call 24 hours a day for $40 a month or whatever to pick up dog crap is your boss!!

What you should be worried about next year is scoring that job at McDonalds so you can make more than $4 an hour!

LOL

Old 08-17-2000, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm new at replying but I have been reading the posts you guys have been sending. I charge $35/hour with a $35 minimum. I work full time 40 hrs/week, cut three residential yards and three cemeteries. I also have a landscape and vinyl fence business. I don't think I am overcharging because people are paying it. I don't work all this 'overtime' for fun, I do it because I want to make money. That sounds okay doesn't it? I don't want to SHOUT like that andrews guy.
Old 08-17-2000, 05:47 PM

Scag,

How many acres is that for $7.50 anyway ?

jeffyr
Old 08-17-2000, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You guys just don't get it do you?! I wish I could have a $25 minimum but I just won't happen in my town. I don't have any overhead. I could go without work for 3 months and wouldn't loose a dime. I just don't have to charge as much as you guys. I wish I could, but I can't. Why do you guys bash on people that aren't like you? If anyone is in Washington sometime, stop by, I'll show you what cheap people are like.

Andrews-Thats about all I can get. I had a lawn for 20 bucks and the lady figured she couldn't afford me and let me go after two weeks. 20 bucks! I mean, that is sad. I want a 25 dollar minimum so bad but it won't happen.

Kentlawns-If I were you, I would watch what I say. I don't know if I've even seen you on here before. Where do you live? I live in cheapville USA.

Jeffyr-HaHaHa. You're funny. I mow an acre for 30 dollars.

Guido-I think McDonalds sucks. I don't even have one in town. The nearest one is 40 miles away.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 08-17-2000, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry!!

I guess your just $hit out of luck man!! Is there any "real" LMO's in your city, or village as you describe it? I wonder if they charge $7 a yard too? If they do let me know, I'll move them all down south and they can work for me while I sit here in Germany and collect checks!!

Who are you to tell Kent what to say?? Thats his opinion!! Its a lot of our opinions actually, sorry!! Whats the difference if you've seen him post around here or not?

I think if you raise your prices to $20 and your "customers" and grandma let you go, let your cousin do the damn lawns like you said he was going to.

Man I really feel sorry for you if the conditions where you are are as bad as you say. If that really is the truth (WHICH I HIGHLY DOUGHT) than maybe a LMO does not have a place there.

Old 08-17-2000, 08:19 PM

We get it Scag. Apparently it is you who doesn't. Or you would get the hell out of that sorry assed town as fast as you can. Go somewhere where you might amount to something.
Old 08-17-2000, 08:34 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Scag48 wrote:

>I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking about what to do better or what to do next year.

Maybe you will go thru puberty next year and that will take you mind from lawn care, then you won't be polluting this board with your infintile messages.