Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-09-2015, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nikkei carb settings

Was gonna count the turns to sear the screw before I remove but with the limiter cap and having to deal with that first not sure if it will throw of my settings getting th st off. Meaning the cap looks like it's thread in the hole and if so will the pilot screw turn with it when I go to remove throwing of my current settings. Not sure of exact carb make, 15003 believe, don't see any hi low screws just this idle air or pilot jet and the main just up in the bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare spot View Post
Was gonna count the turns to sear the screw before I remove but with the limiter cap and having to deal with that first not sure if it will throw of my settings getting th st off. Meaning the cap looks like it's thread in the hole and if so will the pilot screw turn with it when I go to remove throwing of my current settings. Not sure of exact carb make, 15003 believe, don't see any hi low screws just this idle air or pilot jet and the main just up in the bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2015, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Should add having never removed this screw this printout manual tells me before screw removal turn in to count the turns before but when removing limiter cap be careful not to turn pilot screw. Limiter had stops on it and can turn about a quarter inch. U cut the stops off so now it could turn further but thinking if I thread it off the screw gonna come with it, throwing current settings off. Could maybe yanked the cap off but dint want collateral damage. Saw something about a turn and half to 3 quarters turn but nit sure. Could do it but ear as not schooled on teach but wanna get it in the ballpark and go from there. Posting on a little smart phone hopefully my question made sense, tgabks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2015, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Should add having never removed this screw this printout manual tells me before screw removal turn in to count the turns before but when removing limiter cap be careful not to turn pilot screw. Limiter had stops on it and can turn about a quarter inch. U cut the stops off so now it could turn further but thinking if I thread it off the screw gonna come with it, throwing current settings off. Could maybe yanked the cap off but dint want collateral damage. Saw something about a turn and half to 3 quarters turn but nit sure. Could do it but ear as not schooled on teach but wanna get it in the ballpark and go from there. Posting on a little smart phone hopefully my question made sense, tgabks
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2015, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Btw wanna get in there as my engine is surging at what seams to be midrange. Its was a lot worse but cleaned the other parts of the carb now don't seam as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2015, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Btw wanna get in there as my engine is surging at what seams to be midrange. Its was a lot worse but cleaned the other parts of the carb now don't seam as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got off what thought was a limiter cap, looked Luke one and was made of plastic, not to mention had to cut tabs so could twist it past the stop but turns it was the pilot screw or needle. Anyhows,thought strange as part breakdown for carb showed two parts. If knew how to post pictures from this phone, would of posted, carry on
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Man I don't know what to tell you but if this is your first time adjusting idle mixture screws you could well be in for an educational experience, more so as I don't think surging is caused by this.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Man I don't know what to tell you but if this is your first time adjusting idle mixture screws you could well be in for an educational experience, more so as I don't think surging is caused by this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes and yes, most definitely, atm, didn't do much for the surging and am getting some hands on schooling
Posted via Mobile Device