Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,544
Anyone using a leaf plow??

Thinking about getting one for a ZTR to push volume to the leaf loader or curb. Would a 52in stander have enough power to push leafs without hurting it??? I already searched this topic and didn't find much.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM
kawakx125 kawakx125 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lees summit, mo
Posts: 945
leaves don't weigh much at all, i guess it'd depend on how much the plow weighed? Jrco makes quite a few attachments for the front of standers so i would guess it'd be ok
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
TriCountyLawn's Avatar
TriCountyLawn TriCountyLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,519
Yeah id say it would be okay as well. FWIW while I have used a leaf plow, a mower will act like a leaf plow by itself.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 PM
weis1 weis1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mpls, minnesota
Posts: 14
I have a jrco leaf plow and use it all fall. Works great on my zturn and would work great on a stand on. Just like plowing snow
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 PM
bln's Avatar
bln bln is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: novi, Mi
Posts: 361
I have 1, never been used and I am kinda out of the business paid 525, will take 400. Call me at @48--982-5263
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
wilsonsground wilsonsground is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: brookline, nh
Posts: 94
buddy of mine had the jrco plow on a 52 stander with 19hp motor...worked just fine. if theyre wet and heavy the tires will spin...but its more than plenty to more volume of leaves.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Yeah id say it would be okay as well. FWIW while I have used a leaf plow, a mower will act like a leaf plow by itself.
I have a place that it turns into a foot deep of leaves. I just start plowing them. They do billow up onto your lap after a ways. After having two fires at the muffler from leaves burning, I try to limit how deep I go. It's more from backing up then anything but still, when you smell smoke and turn around to see flames, you kinda jump. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by bln View Post
I have 1, never been used and I am kinda out of the business paid 525, will take 400. Call me at @48--982-5263
Posted via Mobile Device
If you are the guy from up north ny or nj that has it in the equipment I was interested but you won't ship.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:46 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsground View Post
buddy of mine had the jrco plow on a 52 stander with 19hp motor...worked just fine. if theyre wet and heavy the tires will spin...but its more than plenty to more volume of leaves.
That is what I have wright stander eh 19 hp that's good to know it will work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I have a place that it turns into a foot deep of leaves. I just start plowing them. They do billow up onto your lap after a ways. After having two fires at the muffler from leaves burning, I try to limit how deep I go. It's more from backing up then anything but still, when you smell smoke and turn around to see flames, you kinda jump. LOL
Never thought of that!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.07611 seconds with 7 queries