Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2012, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Jfoxtrot showed great restraint - I doubt I would have remained so calm !

I think I know why the mail carriers get so upset when they have to get out of the truck. When i meet them to put the mail in the box for them, they have alot of catalogs and other crap all sorted out, on their lap. They have to undo their whole sorting system to get out of the truck, and they don't want to do that, understandably. It isn't that they are too lazy to walk fifteen feet, I don't think.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Federal employees work for us, not the other way around herler.

Like someone else said, she should lose her job...next time she may gun down her employees at the post office. She needs anger management classes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you're all pretty darn inconsiderate to park in front of a mail box.

Sounds like you don't want to drive that mower any farther than you have to.

I will park on the wrong side of the street before I would block a box.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I think you're all pretty darn inconsiderate to park in front of a mail box.

Sounds like you don't want to drive that mower any farther than you have to.

I will park on the wrong side of the street before I would block a box.
What if there are boxes on both sides? Postal employees are permitted to exit their vehicle to deliver the mail. They do it all the time for packages and signature mail. The workers at my office treat everybody like garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Herler=topsites=postal worker
Old 09-16-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

QUOTE:

" US Postal regulations do not require a postal carrier to deliver mail to a blocked mailbox. If the curbside box cannot be reached from their vehicle; they are not required to dismount to place the mail into the box when/if it is obstructed."
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the "hypocrite and proud of it thread?"

"I'm not going to move my truck because they should have no problem walking to a mailbox." Really? And if somebody was blocking your parking spot in front of a customer's house, nobody on this thread would get pissed off?

Here's a thought: It's not about you! Other people have tough jobs. Making somebody go out of their way because "it's their job and I shouldn't have to move my truck" is extremely selfish. Because if you were in their position, you'd be saying "why isn't this guy moving his truck for me?"

How would you guys like delivering mail, stop and go, to dozens and dozens or hundreds (or whatever number) of houses and mailboxes and office buildings and everything. Getting cut off all day long, avoiding accidents because heaven forbid somebody wait 3 seconds before passing a mail truck. Then after dodging angry drivers for a couple hours, you pull up to a mailbox, but wait. You can't get to it because some jackwagon is blocking it.

Make no mistake, that lady should not have acted the way that she did. I wasn't there and I don't know her, so I can't make any judgments on why she acted that way, but it was wrong and immature and stupid. I do not condone her behavior whatsoever.

Just because your taxes pay their salary, just because it's their job to serve you, just because they get lots of government benefits does not mean you can treat them lower than yourselves. I don't know every mail man and mail lady, but I guarantee they all are not like Newman or that lady.

If you want to fight the USPS system, don't belittle yourself to bullying the pawns.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 09-16-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

USPS workes get an excellent salary with benefits and can retire at age 50 with a liveable pension. They should be damn thankful for their positions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I help out the mailman whenever I can. The lady that does one neighborhood that I work in gets ice water from me sometimes.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
USPS workes get an excellent salary with benefits and can retire at age 50 with a liveable pension. They should be damn thankful for their positions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. But we shouldn't hold that over their heads as an excuse to be Richards for no reason and willingly make their jobs more difficult.

If a postal worker acts like Richard, they should be dealt with and punished ever more so than a non-government employee because they're held to a higher standard of public service than even the employees under me cutting grass.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its pretty safe to say that there is a LCO on almost every street every day somewhere..i mean really...do you think that you are the only one blocking a mailbox that day? i bet the mail carriers encounter this all day long...not once or twice a day but several times a day....we have a good understanding with the letter carriers along our routes and we never have a problem...if we have no choice but to block a box we will stop what we are doing and move the truck...or if the carrier will allow we retrive the mail and put in box for them...its called common courtesy...our letter carriers have actually help us get accounts...they are fellow citizens, neighbors, friends....we as a nation need to get back to helping and respecting one another....that is what made us so great in the past...both involved here were wrong...maybe more so on the carriers part due to the fact that one would expect a bit more professionalism from a postal worker than a lawn guy...but then again its this type of action (from the lco) that keeps this industry down in the eyes of the general public..